+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Relationship with food lately

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    You know what really bugs me? When people scrape their forks along their teeth while eating. That's worse than dragging your nails across a chalkboard. It makes me cringe.
    yeh i was in the house alone (obviously) when that episode of happiness overcame me, but yes i do have a thing about certain manners at the table. my ex one time leaned over without asking and took the rest of my food from my plate while i was taking a quick rest from eating! i even had my knife and fork in the correct resting position.....we had only been seeing each other a couple of weeks and i almost broke up with him for it, i was so amazed. mom has drilled table manners into us since the very beginning. i'm very protective of my food so i can't stand anyone leaning over my food to reach for the salt etc.....drives me mad.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Eating food that another human has eaten? Yuck!

But I am one of the few who can calmly scratch their nails against chalkboard.
    Don't expect anything.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You know what really bugs me? When people scrape their forks along their teeth while eating. That's worse than dragging your nails across a chalkboard. It makes me cringe.
    ARGH!

Me too!

My girlfriend does that and it drives me crazy!

Yet she can't stand hearing people chew, it's ridiculous.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hate it when people breathe heavily when they're eating - like panting. F-cking animals.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Gawd, I am so hungry. Fridge is empty. I put in an order for some groceries but they won't arrive until tomorrow. I can't stop thinking about what I'm going to cook. To make matters worse, I keep scanning recipe sites and finding all sorts of other dishes I desperately crave. Looks like I'm going to have to get some fast food or something to tide me over. Which I ****ing hate.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

in america i found you can order some real quality take-away food from quality restaurants

this one in new york city:

[url]http://www.gustorganics.com/menu_category.php?category_id=4[/url]

i'm sure if you look it up for the area you live in you could find something similar to what you would make
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

My mouth is full of food right now.

And I found that in America, you can buy imitation of cheese.
    Don't expect anything.

Food is the best thing known to man...

Nothing beats a thick, juicy, flavorful, steak...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    in america i found you can order some real quality take-away food from quality restaurants

this one in new york city:

[url]http://www.gustorganics.com/menu_category.php?category_id=4[/url]

i'm sure if you look it up for the area you live in you could find something similar to what you would make
    Too late. I ate a disgusting burger with disgusting fries and now my stomach feels like shit. I should have just gone hungry until tomorrow and had a huge breakfast to make up for it.

Hm. I don't think there are any places around where I live that would deliver good food like that. It's a college town. There's nothing but pizza, beer and burgers to be had unless you do your own cooking.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    Food is the best thing known to man...

Nothing beats a thick, juicy, flavorful, steak...
    i like smothering mine with A1 and horseradish ... medium rare to medium please!
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    i like smothering mine with A1 and horseradish ... medium rare to medium please!
    Bah! You've never had a good steak, then. A1's only for flavorless meat. Mmm, mmm, mmm! If it's been marinated and grilled just right it would be a travesty to drown out all the good flavors with sauce or anything else. You need to come by my place so I can serve you a real steak, man.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

Bah! You've never had a good steak, then. A1's only for flavorless meat. Mmm, mmm, mmm! If it's been marinated and grilled just right it would be a travesty to drown out all the good flavors with sauce or anything else. You need to come by my place so I can serve you a real steak, man.
    Definitely...the only time A1 comes out is to mask the terrible steak.

Mmm, mmm, mmm! If it's been marinated and grilled just right it would be a travesty to drown out all the good flavors with sauce or anything else. .
    oh so true, i travel 2 hours in my car to go to an amazing pub/restaurant that makes the best steak i have ever tasted. no sauce needed. it's unforgettable every time. i can cut it like i'm slicing warm butter it actually melts in my mouth. truly the best even compared to the best chateaubriand in france.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you ... offering to cook me dinner?

In the name of cattle, I'm down for that. I'll take my prime rib on its own with a side of horseradish.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

I must agree steak is the *ucking best! Has to have a serve of home baked potatoe skins and mushroom sauce on the side though... *drooling*
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast