+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your paranormal experiences

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    That's very common, Doc. There was a really good sensory deprivation study done not too long ago w/ppl kept in the dark/quiet for a few days. People seemed to fit into two classes: those who slept most of the time, and those who needed to 'create' their own mental stimulation. Those folks imagined all sorts of exciting things.

You seem to fit the latter case.

Good news is, they were being recorded and none of what they imagined was actually there. So, in case you are worried you are abnormal, you aren't. It seems to be a product of a certain 'brain type'. Kind of like introvert/extravert patterns.

I see if I can find a link to the article for you.
    I don't need an article to attempt to convince me of what I did or didn't, do or don't see most nights. Falling asleep is a lot like meditation...

I try to do it quick and without any delays lest I be caught up in another drawn out night with some thing I've never met before.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Just letting you know its normal. As for the article, totally up to you. Its just a BBC news clip, I didn't post an actual, academic research article link (i.e. not boring).

Really, are you saying you'd rather believe you see water in the desert, as opposed to learning about how a mirage works?
    I'm not fish like in any nature, and can sense when I'm being line led to a scooping vessel.

Imagine seeing the world through the eyes of the fish.

I bet half of the stuff we believe in today we'd stop believing right away. Perception sometimes has little to do with reality.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Imagine seeing the world through the eyes of the fish.

I bet half of the stuff we believe in today we'd stop believing right away. Perception sometimes has little to do with reality.
    Likewise, reality.... as we're taught, has little to do with our true perceptions of the reality we live in.

No such events. As a kid I was scared of a statue in the living room that depicted an african warrior throwing a spear, and would imagine to myself that he was moving when I wasn't looking, but meh, just a kid.

If this thread was entitled, "Share your paranormal debunking experiences", I'd thank most of you.... but as it's not the title of the thread, maybe you can set criticism and foot/mouth aside long enough to permit those like myself who've already gone through the trials and tribulations of trying to debunk our own experiences, and have settled for the events happening as they've been described.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I used to smoke cigarettes in my basement ... we used to call it the "cubby hole" ... At one point, I started to get this eerie feeling every time I would go in to have a smoke. A friend of mine, who says he can see/sense ghosts, came over to hang out and when I opened up the door to the cubby hole, he froze and said, "Dude, close that shit...." ... I didn't even tell him about the chills I had been getting in that room ... Mind you, I had been smoking in there for a good 7 years.

And then, there was a cat that hat snuck into one of the vents in my basement and decided to have a resting place on one of the boxes in there. For some reason, with the cat in there, I began to be at ease and started smoking in there like the old days.

I saw my friend at a bar and asked, "Yo, just out of curiosity, how do you get rid of a ghost?" ... and he replied, "Cats." I didn't even tell him what was up neither ...

I was immediately a believer. If you're having problems with ghosts ... get a cat ... like the movie, "Ghost."
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    Likewise, reality.... as we're taught, has little to do with our true perceptions of the reality we live in.
    That assumes that our true perceptions and what is being taught to us are fundamentally different. For example, we are being taught that we are seeing green when in fact we are seeing blue. It also assumes that there is a global conspiracy which crosses international, cultural, social and ethnic borders and is being taught consistently and uniformly. Example every one is being taught consistently that blue is green and green is yellow.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That assumes that our true perceptions and what is being taught to us are fundamentally different. For example, we are being taught that we are seeing green when in fact we are seeing blue. It also assumes that there is a global conspiracy which crosses international, cultural, social and ethnic borders and is being taught consistently and uniformly. Example every one is being taught consistently that blue is green and green is yellow.
    I hate being colorblind.
    no autographs, please!

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Three words....

Black, Swan, Theory.

I just read about the Black Swan Theory. I believe you Doc. For people who haven't experienced what you did, it's harder for them to wrap their minds around. There are some things you just can't tell people about. You're either crazy, or you're talking to someone who is crazy.

But I think you can trust if you were dragged out of your bed by unseen "people". That doesn't just happen.

I'd go with cats too. I've seen one hanging around my yard lately. It has felt more peaceful here lately.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

I have purposely been looking for paranormal and other encounters.

Everytime I thought yes, this is it, this is a ghost, or a UFO, or whatever, upon closer investigation, much to my disapointement, it turned out to be caused by natural phenomena.

Sigh.... oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I have purposely been looking for paranormal and other encounters.
    I've been told that ghosts aren't social ... Like, they're annoyed if you try to get in with them for some reason ... but they get a kick out of freaking people out ...

For instance, homes full of people don't appeal to ghosts ...
    no autographs, please!

Life is ... Too Short.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't believe in any of this stuff.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I walked under a ladder and woke up with herpes the next morning, even though I'm still a virgin

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast