+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think i like my guy friend but i already have a boyfriend....

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    first off.. i don't feel sorry for YOU, your BOYFRIEND, or this GUY who is hitting on you.

sounds mean?? well it's unbiased...hows that?

f*ck what everyone else tells you, it's only an opinion, like what i am about to give you. go with what your heart tells you to. i have broken up good relationships to take a chance at what i thought may/might work out. yes, it was for the better, and for the worse. you alone will have to decide if you want to risk what you have for something else, think back to vegas.

only you can weigh your options, not a bunch of strangers who tell you what they think is best for you. so deep down inside, consider what you are willing to loose, and what you might gain and go with that.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Girls. never ever trust one.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by lalamomo View Post
    I admit i maybe cheating but it's all in the minds, no actions or words exchanged. None of them knows what im really thinking now...
    You stupidass that's what cheating is. The worst form IS in the mind. Your emotions are drifting. Physical cheating can be anything from sex to accidently kissing someone when drunk when you didnt mean it. The fact that in your HEAD you are doing this is the worst form of cheating because you are consciously and purposely wanting the other guy. Shame on you. Tell your boyfriend about it and let him choose what he wants to do with you because a person like you should not be in a relationship.

Ok relax. Key here is to just be honest.

It's not your fault you're becoming interested in your friend. I mean if anything, it's probably because you are no longer able to wage everything on your current relationship, especially since his announcement that he'll be breaking up with you for religious/family purposes (which is ridiculous, in my opinion).

Do what you want to do - follow your heart. You do have to make a choice either to fully commit to your current relationship (as long as you are enjoying that time with him knowing what's coming), maybe even try to talk to him about sticking together no matter what, if it's important to you. And if he's not willing to compromise then you have to decide whether or not that's good enough for you.

Don't be afraid to break it off with your boyfriend. After all, the only person looking out for you is yourself. You have to guarantee your own happiness.

Or, stop hanging out with your friend. Tell him it's taking you away from your boyfriend, and you want to concentrate on the time you have left with him. Just don't do it out of guilt or obligation. It's not fair to your boyfriend to do that either.

Why not tell your boyfriend that you're having these feelings. Maybe he will understand and either commit to changing his decision for you, or not want to be with someone that isn't completely into them anyway.

Whatever you do, be honest. Trust your feelings, be honest with yourself. Love yourself enough to acknowledge your feelings and honor them by actions.

You won't have any regrets, if you go with what's in your heart.

Even if the guy friend isn't into you, the very fact you're considering it is surely a sign to do something about your situation. Because if it wasn't him, it would be someone else.

Which leads me to the next point - if you or your friend are wanting to have a serious relationship it would be best if you didn't use him to get over your current boyfriend.

Truth is, you may not even be attracted to him if your relationship was going well, or if you were single.

Everything and Anything that is happening is a manifestation of what's going on inside your relationship with your boyfriend. Sort it out, or leave.

Anyway, bottom line - Listen to your feelings. Honor them. If you don't, it will bite you in the ass.

(possible scenarios I can think of: sticking with your boyfriend out of obligation and being either numb, or spiteful for missing out on something else or because u secretly hate him for choosing his family over your relationship...OR coming onto your friend and sleeping with him but then realizing that you don't love him at all, are still caught up in your old feelings for your boyfriend and have the added guilt of sleeping with someone else instead of just sorting it out with your boyfriend...etcetc)

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    Sure, it sucks to be single, but it's selfish, cowardly and unfair to pursue another relationship when your heart isn't free to do so.

Good luck.

Carl.
    Is sucks to be single? I'm not so sure about that. I'm becoming 23 and still single. I think being single can also be a lot fun and you are also free from responsibilities.

Anyway back on topic. The OP is in a difficult situation. You can't be in a romantic relationship with two people. Sooner or later you will have to choose between the two men and one of them is obviously gonna get hurt but that is inevitable in relationships. Being in love is like playing with fire, sooner or later you're gonna get burned.
    Last edited by uri; 20-03-09 at 03:13 AM.

i think you should stick to your boyfriend, as it has been four years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12