+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how do you know when you love somone?

I hate to read, i might rent it tho....

Blockbuster got it?

ohhh nice!
    Looks like its still in theaters, guess ill go sometime

read the book the movie SUCKS. and you're russian? is eugene russian too? you rrroooooooskies are taking over.

Tone Guest
    I must break you.

i hate to read, and yes im russian but living in US now.

Ehm, to give a serious answer to the question:
    I think there are 2 kinds of loves: You can say that you love your best friend or your parents or whoever. I think you love someone if you would crie if she died.

And then there is the real love. If you find out that you say "I'll pick you up when ur done at work", but she says "no i'll just take the bus" and you commit.
    But you think justt a few minutes later "f*ck it, I wanna be with her, i'm gonna pick her up".
    It's real love when you're alone & bored and you think of her and it really hits you so deep you could have been with her at that moment that you could have started crying. If you are atracted to her character and her looks, she thinks what you think, she wants what you want, you 2 are some kind of soulmates. You would do everything for her whoever says something bad or insulting over her you would just punch in the face, or you just wouldn't care.
    With everything you do, you have to think about your love, and you don't really care about nothing anymore, not even the basics of life, you don't feel the need to eat and sleep anymore, you just want to be with her.
    If you masturbate (I know you do ) you think of her and you can both admit it and talk about it (if you 2 both didn't have sex yet with eachothers)
    If she/he died you would almost kill yourself from misery.

Just my theory
    Excuse me if I've made any grammatical failures, i'm young & european, right?

If you read some other threads on this subject, I think you will find that there are many different definitions of what love is, how love is defined, etc. Some believe love is a way of feeling(like the above poster); others (like me) believe love is a way of behaving, meaning that you love someone when your behaviors reflect it. Also, the definition evolves over time. So I think that love is really subject to individual definition, depending on whether you are a romantic or a realist at the core.

Well both of you are correct actually if you go with what the dictionary says because love is not only a noun but verb too
    ~Sarah~

I guess love is when u stop thinking 'Am I in love? ' and just realise that u r in love .. but even this doesnt help Im sure :p

indigosoul Guest

Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    I must break you.
    just wanted to let you know that SOMEONE got this Tone!!

James Bond.. excellent!!

Went right over MY head, but then again, James Bond is really more of a male thing, is it not?

BTW - I was named after a James Bond spy...

u cannot put the definition or meaning of love in any sentence of any language man has ever known .... it is a feeling so beautiful .. so exquiisite that it is unfortunate not everybody gets to experience it ...

live it guys ... u will know when u r in love

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Went right over MY head, but then again, James Bond is really more of a male thing, is it not?

BTW - I was named after a James Bond spy...
    Hey Shh... I feel like i'm disappointing you recently... sorry (ref thread about physics/Einstein, teaching, etc.)

Anyway, I love james bond movies... and I'm a gal, not a guy... and not an ugly or geeky gal either (i try not to be anyway)

:: Doesnt point, just laughs...then stops akwerdly and walks away::
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by indigosoul
    Hey Shh... I feel like i'm disappointing you recently... sorry (ref thread about physics/Einstein, teaching, etc.)
    Me disappointed? NEVER!

Quote Originally Posted by indigosoul
    Anyway, I love james bond movies... and I'm a gal, not a guy... and not an ugly or geeky gal either (i try not to be anyway)
    HAHAHAHA! Boy am I busted! I DID assume you were male (maybe due to your knowledge and interest in Einstein, stereotypical as that may be), so don't mind me while I open my mouth and insert my foot! (That's TWICE now; I haven't forgotten about the "pina colada" song remark!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast