+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why 3rd grade behavior?

I don't have a prolem with that behavior; I'm with many 5 year olds every day and I'm used to boys playful bahavior
    But I hope u don't expect me to see such a guy as anything but a friend..

I'm similar Nina. I just can't take him as someone I can get serious with. I would stare at him wondering what on earth he is doing.

I thought I was a playful lady myself but I don't get into these types of plays. I have brothers and I guess the man quickly goes into the "friends only" category if he does that to me. And the kicking/poking is not cool to me. The teasing I assume was things like, "hey big booty" or "you look like a pig" rofl. I don't like name calling or that kind of tease. Other types of tease are fine. Ticking and wrestling...no. Chasing maybe but that would be a rare thing and would get old very quickly. "The talking all manly in their "gruffy" voice"--I don't know what that looks or sounds like.

I can see him doing the nicknames and the jokes...depending on what they are.

According to the OP, it sounds to me that the boyfriend would do these things often. It reminds me too much of high school and really before high school ...no thank you. I would probably not be sexually attracted to him. If I had a choice between playful boyfriend as in the example by the OP or conservative sexiness, I choose the latter. Hmmm, serious, sexy..wine and dining in a dim room with soft music. Afterward we slow dance and caress and kiss and feed each other grapes....now, that's the play that turns me on. Yes, hmmm.

OH back to the topic: when a guy does those things it usually means he likes you.
    Last edited by lesa; 02-01-09 at 10:20 PM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    wine and dining in a dim room with soft music. Afterward we slow dance and caress and kiss and feed each other grapes....now, that's the play that turns me on. Yes, hmmm.

lol Lesa! each of us is different and is turned on by different things; the only play I would like is resistence play where he pressures me; but it's a play u know, any sign he does it for real and he'll be very sorry.
    Anyway like I said each is different; turned on by different kinds of play so it's a matter of preference we happen not to share with the OP. U may like the romantic kind of guy, I may like the heavy metal kind of guy, the OP may like the immature kind of guy to play mommy with joking.
    someone here mentioned if u want someone serious then marry ''a rock''. well nobody said he is to have NO sense of humour at all; only to be a responsible adult to count on (to be there for me and be tough as ''a rock'' when he must). If he's playful like the OP described I'd have to discipline him and take charge, which is something I find to be a huge turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I'm similar Nina. I just can't take him as someone I can get serious with. I would stare at him wondering what on earth he is doing.

I thought I was a playful lady myself but I don't get into these types of plays. I have brothers and I guess the man quickly goes into the "friends only" category if he does that to me. And the kicking/poking is not cool to me. The teasing I assume was things like, "hey big booty" or "you look like a pig" rofl. I don't like name calling or that kind of tease. Other types of tease are fine. Ticking and wrestling...no. Chasing maybe but that would be a rare thing and would get old very quickly. "The talking all manly in their "gruffy" voice"--I don't know what that looks or sounds like.

I can see him doing the nicknames and the jokes...depending on what they are.

According to the OP, it sounds to me that the boyfriend would do these things often. It reminds me too much of high school and really before high school ...no thank you. I would probably not be sexually attracted to him. If I had a choice between playful boyfriend as in the example by the OP or conservative sexiness, I choose the latter. Hmmm, serious, sexy..wine and dining in a dim room with soft music. Afterward we slow dance and caress and kiss and feed each other grapes....now, that's the play that turns me on. Yes, hmmm.

OH back to the topic: when a guy does those things it usually means he likes you.
    Oh, I never implied he was a boyfriend. I just know a male friend or two...one in particular who does this off and on some days he's serious but sometimes he can get playful.....this is what he's done:

- Playful hitting/kicking/poking: There were some instances where I'd be going somewhere and he'd poke me in the side (ribs?!, love handles?!?!) and be like "Hey =]"...another instance was where I was talking to a male mutual friend of ours and he comes over does this playful kick to my leg and he's like "Hi =]" and takes over the conversation (he does this many times and I've noticed he does when I was speaking to that particular mutual friend of ours"

- Playful teasing: Although I am an intelligent person, I subconciously have my ditzy days...and I'll forget something he just told me earlier that day...and he'll say "What?! are you going blonde on me =p "

- Nicknames: He's givin' me lots of these...and on one day I said as a joke (but I dont think he realized he thought this was a joke) that I didn't like the nickname, and he got all pouty and said "But I like the name, I'd like it if someone gave it to me......well what name would you like?" and when I didn't say anything he was thinking to himself about a new one and then he smiled to himself and then changed the subject.

- The talking all manly in their "gruffy" voice: I don't remember what we were talking about but he starts deeping his voice and he was teasing me and kept saying I was calling him fat and he starts saying in what i like to call his "gruffy" aka deep voice "I'm not fat I have muscles see, BIGGGGGGG muscles hemph!"

- The tickling and the roughousing/wrestling/playfighting/chasing: We do this alot........he keeps teasing me that I call him fat (I never do but he likes to tease me about it) and he'll say "What are you calling me fat?! Huh huh huh?" and then he'll either start tickling me or chasing me around and tickling me or start a play fight/roughhousing/wrestling thing.......and that gets very playful and maybe borderline naughty/innuendoish......or he'll sneak up behind me and bear hug me from behind and try and scare me.

- The jokes and the doing dumb stuff in front of you: he's always done this in front of me....he'll always crack jokes and he'll just say/do dumb stuff in front of me often.

And although he does alot of the aforementioned, he can be serious as well...great listener, protective, he loves talking even about the deep stuff but I just dont get the 3rd grade behavior like I mentioned above.

From what I've observed...when he's with other women, he jokes around and is talkative but I think I'm the only one he's like that with. From what I can tell.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you really trying to ask if he likes you? Because I see all those behaviors as flirty, playful and cute, and your complaining (?) about them seems very odd.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Are you really trying to ask if he likes you? Because I see all those behaviors as flirty, playful and cute, and your complaining (?) about them seems very odd.

Who said I was complaining?! I've noticed people tend to make assumptions in here with posters...all I've ever said in here was what it all meant...was it interest, less respect, or a buddy buddy type of thing........

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When you accuse males of acting like 3rd graders, it doesn't sound complimentary.

Now, are you going to answer my question?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Women ... ...

It's not lack of respect. It's the complete opposite. It shows their comfort level with said girl.
    You're my chorus, my refrain
    The verse of my first pain

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    sheepingly, you sound like you have aspberger's syndrome.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

^^^ I wonder if I have that myself! I think my bf especially has that hehe.

We just can't get really wild (expressing emotions, I mean ) no matter how hard we try.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You gals who can't take a bit of fun like that sound really high maintenance to me.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You gals who can't take a bit of fun like that sound really high maintenance to me.
    I know right? They sound like the chicks that say "OMG I broke a nail!" or "Dont touch my hair!". I've been told I was liked cuz I was not a girly girl, and I really appreciate that. If I was a girly girl I would hate myself.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    When you accuse males of acting like 3rd graders, it doesn't sound complimentary.

Now, are you going to answer my question?

Im not accusing him of anything, 3rd grade behavior is what people call it.............i didn't make the term up.

And what question is that...
    "Guilt is like a sack of bricks...all you have to do is set it down."

"No Expectations. No Disappointments."

- Sheepingly

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreek View Post
    It's not lack of respect. It's the complete opposite. It shows their comfort level with said girl.

Oh so i guess they are comfortable w/ said girl and no one else...k got it.
    "Guilt is like a sack of bricks...all you have to do is set it down."

"No Expectations. No Disappointments."

- Sheepingly

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast