+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reading...

oh and got to give it up to Thomas Harris( Silence of the Lambs) I wish he would write something else...his writing gives me goosebumps. Ive read everything hes written which hasnt been much-but Hannibal Lector is my all time favorite character...
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrley
    oh and got to give it up to Thomas Harris( Silence of the Lambs) I wish he would write something else...his writing gives me goosebumps. Ive read everything hes written which hasnt been much-but Hannibal Lector is my all time favorite character...
    me too! me too!

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

We could totally have our own Oprah Book of the Month Club!!!

We could totally have our own Oprah Book of the Month Club!!!

Whooo hooooo - The Love Forum BOTM? Squirrely's Read List?

I could be up for that. None of my friends here read so it would be nice to have someone to talk to about books!

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

ME too-I like to find out people read-cause same here Jules...none of my friends read-other than the fantasy friend. SO yea this could be fun..hmmm...Squirrleys Read List? Wahoo-thanks that would be cool-but I think it should be more general...because I may have different tastes than others-maybe we could come up with something though-because it seems to me there are alot of us who do read...so I might go to the administration with this if I could find enough people interested in starting its own Topic Heading...

but I need some ideas and thoughts and inputs from anyone whose into reading-the more the better! Bring it on guys and gals!!! What are your thoughts of adding a new subject to the forum Books or whatever-what are your ideas????

I love to read. I'm not a TV watcher, don't watch any shows regularly, other than news shows, but I can read for hours. Lots of horror/Stephen King/Dean Koontz type stuff. Some thriller Patterson/Cook stuff, though I'll read just about anything I can get my hands on. I have to admit, I wasn't a huge fan of Harris's books. I just found them very long and drawn out, just generally difficult to read. I like a faster pace.

Not to turn this into a 'Sweetie' thread, but I started reading the Left Behind series, about the rapture and tribulation, a few months ago. I'm on book eight, and totally engrossed in the series.
    Because a hard man is good to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironliftr3
    Not to turn this into a 'Sweetie' thread, but I started reading the Left Behind series, about the rapture and tribulation, a few months ago. I'm on book eight, and totally engrossed in the series.
    I was totally into that series and then there was a long gap between books and I started reading other stuff. Hmmmm, I think the books I did have moved with my former stripper roommate (as opposed to the public pooping roommate) However I remember hardly being able to put them down.

Ive read the first 3...gotta get my hands on the rest of them first!

but I need some ideas and thoughts and inputs from anyone whose into reading-the more the better! Bring it on guys and gals!!! What are your thoughts of adding a new subject to the forum Books or whatever-what are your ideas????
    Maybe a new Book subject like there is a Movie subject . . .I'm always interested to see what other people are reading, I love talking about books, and I like reading things other people recommend as often it's something that might otherwise go unnoticed . . .

Quote Originally Posted by jslaughter
    I was totally into that series and then there was a long gap between books and I started reading other stuff........ However I remember hardly being able to put them down.

A couple of them, books 5-6, got a little slow, but 7 and 8 have been page turners.

My mother has them all, so luckily I'm just reading books she's already bought and paid for. And passing them on one by one to a friend of mine, who more often than not, is pressing me to finish the next one!
    Because a hard man is good to find.

Quote Originally Posted by jslaughter
    I'm always interested to see what other people are reading, I love talking about books, and I like reading things other people recommend as often it's something that might otherwise go unnoticed . . .
    I agree Jules. Alexi and I were discussing books in another thread and I'm reading a book right now that he recommended. I would have NEVER thought of it otherwise and I'm really enjoying it.

I know i love to read Nora Roberts books... Good love story with a good story to go along with it... its not just all sex (but those parts are good).. Now i can get yall to recommend some to me.. i love to be taken to a different place in them..

LOL am im the only one that thinks bout the book they are in when like your on a long ride or really bored???

Oh Ive read her stuff too! A few her of books-ok Ive read everthing by Tony Hillerman-its Native American stuff-heritage and culture mixed in with murder/mystery...easy reading and small books...but its a great expansion in the learning the Native Culture-I love Kachina Dolls-so thats mentioned...just a little of this and that!

Quote Originally Posted by MisINdpndT
    I know i love to read Nora Roberts books...
    When I used to read romance novels, Nora was my favourite author. I used to read them a lot, even wrote one once (that's where my sn came from), but I'm so bored with those now. I like the fantasy stuff. But I try to read the classic novels now as well. There's so many that I've heard of and never read.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12