+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post Tattoo Questions.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ok ok, you want the real answer?? your tattoo won't need touching up for maybe the next few years. if you tend to stay out of the sun then it will take longer to fade. i've had mines since i was 23.. let's see, 4 years ago and i've never once needed for it to be redone. it's on my back and i rarely take off my shirt when i'm outside.

as for touching up, i've never really gotten into this subject, yet i would think that your skin is much different that the texture of paper. sure a sharpie will bleed, but paper is made of absorptive material. touch up should basically be just as good as the original, but you have to find a good tattoo artist. i've seen a lot of shitty ones, which made me ask around before spending money on shit.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Well, luckily there's quite a few tattoo shops around here, but there's one that stands out to me. I went strictly on suggestions from other people, and since I work in a factory till I'm done with school that has 400+ workers, I was able to get a lot of different opinions. About 9/10 that I asked got their tattoo from one particular place. So I went there and talked with them. There's 4 artists there. The youngest guy is who did my tattoo, and he's got over 5 years experience.

But nonetheless, they did a good job. Some people just were telling me to not panic if it needs touching up because some people's skin doesn't take to ink right the first time, yet the second time normally does the trick.

That's why I got curious about how touching up would alter (if at all) the design. But I've seen some before/after photos, and it seems to be no different except the design being brighter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12