+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Feel Like Sharing My Fail Attempt Tonight, LOL

misombra says:

"girl: (sees a hot guy.)
    neo: can i use your highlighter cause i know you girls like to color.
    girl: i don't have one. (you freakin idiot.)
    neo: you're the only girl i know who doesn't have a highlighter.
    girl: (note to self, never carry a highlighter.)"

Nice! A guy asks you for a highlighter and you automatically think he's an idiot. Then you wonder why a lot of men have a low perception of women. By the way, I never said the underlined part to her. You threw that in for whatever reason (perhaps you needed something to make me look dumb?)

Gigabitch says:

"She thought you were gay 'cause only girls like to color."

I asked her for a highlighter - not several. Oh man, you girls are really doing a disservice to your gender. haha

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    hopefully this will give some encouragement to the guys who've been shot down and feel like it's the end of the world. So there's this girl that I've noticed come into the Starbucks where I like to study a few times. Tonight, she sat right next to me which I saw as the perfect opportunity to talk to her. I figured I would ask her for a highlighter since I really needed one and girls love to color shit (serious). It turned out she didn't have one. So I followed that up by poking fun at how she's the first girl I've come across who doesn't carry a highlighter - no reaction, not even a smile. I guess she wasn't having any of it. So I turned my attention back to studying and pretty much ignored her the rest of the night. Oh well, at least I got a chick's number last night. haha
    Congrats....that was the worse pick up line i've ever heard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sometimes the hardest part isn't saying GoodBye, Its waking up the next morning knowing that its TRUE" -AR

" When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want your life to start as soon possible" -?

"Too Fast to Live, Too Young to Die" -James Dean

hopefully this will give some encouragement to the guys who've been shot down and feel like it's the end of the world. So there's this girl that I've noticed come into the Starbucks where I like to study a few times. Tonight, she sat right next to me which I saw as the perfect opportunity to talk to her. I figured I would ask her for a highlighter since I really needed one and girls love to color shit (serious). It turned out she didn't have one. So I followed that up by poking fun at how she's the first girl I've come across who doesn't carry a highlighter - no reaction, not even a smile. I guess she wasn't having any of it. So I turned my attention back to studying and pretty much ignored her the rest of the night. Oh well, at least I got a chick's number last night. haha
    misombra says:

"girl: (sees a hot guy.)
    neo: can i use your highlighter cause i know you girls like to color.
    girl: i don't have one. (you freakin idiot.)
    neo: you're the only girl i know who doesn't have a highlighter.
    girl: (note to self, never carry a highlighter.)"

Nice! A guy asks you for a highlighter and you automatically think he's an idiot. Then you wonder why a lot of men have a low perception of women. By the way, I never said the underlined part to her. You threw that in for whatever reason (perhaps you needed something to make me look dumb?)
    by the way,,,u actually did say it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sometimes the hardest part isn't saying GoodBye, Its waking up the next morning knowing that its TRUE" -AR

" When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want your life to start as soon possible" -?

"Too Fast to Live, Too Young to Die" -James Dean

ugh, it wasn't a pick-up line and re-read my post. I mentioned the part I underlined to you guys so you can follow my thought process. I didn't actually say that to the girl.

Hey Neo, can I borrow a tampon?
    Spammer Spanker

sorry neo. you know i love you. but your pick up strategy needs re vamping.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Okay... I don't even know how to feel about this because I do carry around color pens in my purse. :/ I do color and doodle on everything. HAHA!

Im actually wondering what the point of this thread is?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob36 View Post
    For Neo to show that he's human and has a "duh" moment just like everyone else. Well actually, to show he does try... and he does fail at times when he approaches women.

Cliff notes:

Girl sits next to Neo in Starbucks.

He needs a highlighter, and due to experience in the past he's come to expect most women to have a highlighter.

So feeling confident, he asks this woman if she has a highligher. She doesn't.

Based on this he says "you're the first girl I've come across who doesn't carry a highlighter."

The woman doesn't respond, not even a smile --- possibly an 'I'll just ignore him and hope he goes away tactic.'

Neo then decides to return to what he was doing.

- - - - - - - -

Knowing the Neo is physically fit, he may have been judged to be full of himself... as this is a common stereotype shared by many younger women.

With the phrase "you're the first girl I've come across who doesn't carry a highlighter" the woman probably took that to mean that he a.) made an assumption about her, b.) that assumption seemed to be gender specific, and c.) this guy is acutally dumb enough to voice such assumption in this type of society.

Then she may have carried this one step further to d.) this guy thinks I'm actually dumb enough to fall for such a lousy pick-up line.

This wasn't Neo's intention... but some women do attempt to derive a lot of meaning from relatively very little, as it is in our nature to make assessments of others... especially men. Some of us more fair... others, looking for any reason to reject a man for the following reason --- we have someone, we don't want to be bothered, we don't find the guy physically attractive, we don't like the guy's personality, we're following stereotypes and getting the wrong impression as a result, or we're in a foul mood and it's clouding our judgment.

---

If I had been in the girl's position... I would've asked why he would say something like that --- because he said it in such a friendly way, so he may not have realized the implications that the phrase had. I'd want to give him a chance to explain himself, as past experience has taught me that sometimes people say things wrong, and aren't always good at first impressions.

Once he had explained what he had meant, he could've flipped the conversation to focus more on the idea that she's 'not like the other girls' and is 'unique' and he likes that. --- a technique I've used with much success in the past.
    Last edited by Aeradalia; 30-09-09 at 08:51 AM.

Aeradalia, I agree; women do tend to look into the smallest thing... or as you cleverly put it, derive a lot of meaning from relatively little. Very well said

or one can just assume there are dumbasses who say funny things, i most likely would have responded smirking with 'i'm the first? wow! (sarcastically) so how many before me said they did?' and then likely would have stared placidly eyebrows slightly arched questioningly at him awaiting a response...whether i was interested or not
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 30-09-09 at 11:18 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Then you wonder why a lot of men have a low perception of women.
    What exactly does a low perception entail?
    I don't think that misombra had to "find" some way to make you look dumb...

No offense... but it's difficult as all hell talking to women when you're interested.

I know I've said some serious doozies.... you know, the kind that makes you want to crawl under a rock and die from embarrassment... or... makes you wonder if you were to stand perfectly still, would she still see you in her fit of rage?

Then there's my personal favorite, where you mess up so bad you just chant "I'm sorry," over and over again hoping the 'evil spirits' will go away.

Face it... everyone goofs up from time to time. Neo's lucky he just got the silent treatment. She could've just as easily lectured him on the women's rights movement past to present.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Hey Neo, can I borrow a tampon?
    lol

darn giga.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob36 View Post
    just some personal rant & progress report.
    you can post one at the end of the day...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    No offense... but it's difficult as all hell talking to women when you're interested.
    Quite true.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast