+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nice Guys CAN Finish First...

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Haha, actually I just listen to the teacher and stare at the clock. lol
    lol...staring at the clock. My class is so boring i tend to do that after 2 hours have passed..haha
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    AN IMPORTANT NOTE: You can be an NG, and open doors for chicks. You can be an NG, and call when you tell her you will. You can be an NG, and treat her like a woman. You can be an NG, and spoil her with gifts... --- because women appreciate these things (i think)
    No, they don't.

Women don't respect men who buy them gifts/drinks early on. You should only give gifts / perform favors for people you are affectionate towards, and, MOST IMPORTANTLY, women have to earn your affection. If you perform favors / buy gifts before letting her work for your affection you reduce her respect for you. There is an intrinsic difference between being a Nice Guy and being a Good Person. The first implies that you perform various tasks, often unneeded, to make others feel better about themselves. The latter means that you help people when they need help, but not that you operate at their whims.

You can STILL be a NG, and get 'touchy feely' when you meet her.
    No you can't. Why are you being touchy feely? Are you this way towards all women? Is your touchy-feelyness a sign of your inexperience? Do you have difficulty controlling your emotions? Do you throw your love at random women / act overly attracted before knowing them properly? Why is this? Are you desperate? Do you not have enough female contact to allow you to be selective? What is the meaning of your lower social standing.

You can STILL be an NG, and let her get drunk (because she is having fun), and obviously, don't take advantage.
    True.

My point is - that's it's not the 'cockyness' or 'asswipe' attitude that separates the NG's from the BG's, it's the 'CONFIDENCE' and 'ATTITUDE' that does!
    Not wholly true. Every guy must learn to be cocky and/or an asswipe. Its just as much a social skill as making friends, and its a very important one especially when people challenge you or test to see if you have a spine. Showing yours at times is not a negative trait.

Confidence and cockyness are not exclusive and never should be exclusive.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

What women really want is a bad boy who isn't actually bad or does no bad things.....see the contradiction there?

Quote Originally Posted by Confused2005
    What women really want is a bad boy who isn't actually bad or does no bad things.....see the contradiction there?
    No, they actually want bad boys who do bad things. They just don't want it to be egregiously bad and they don't want to suffer the bad part.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

I don't want a "bad guy" and I didn't end up dating the bad guy. It's too tough to generalize what every woman or man would want because everyone is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    I don't want a "bad guy" and I didn't end up dating the bad guy. It's too tough to generalize what every woman or man would want because everyone is different.
    You tell them Junsui.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

I will! And it is way too quiet on here right now! How am I supposed to stay entertained at work when no one posts anything?

I will! And it is way too quiet on here right now! How am I supposed to stay entertained at work when no one posts anything?
    I know. People have nothing to talk about, everyone is bored I guess. You should come to the chatroom until the forum becomes more exciting.

Those two do not logically follow. Everyone is different: yes. But is there a wide disagreement with common themes of attraction: no. You may be actually be different, like all women claim but usually aren't, but that doesn't matter anyway.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Yes, I'm sure I'm just claiming to be different. My bf is probably a huge ass and I'm just too dumb to know.

I think you miss the point that it doesn't matter either way. A large majority of women respond favorably to "bad boys."
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Alright, whatever you say

Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya
    I think you miss the point that it doesn't matter either way. A large majority of women respond favorably to "bad boys."
    Care to show some stats Mv? Or just from your own experience?

Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya

We can a check of what women respond to right here on the forum..

And I think most of the girls here like good guys...
    "Ogres are like onions."

"Dating"?

Your "Boyfriend"?

How much time a week do you guys currently spend together?

Oh wait....that's right....

nvm
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast