+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: moral support?

Ok all. It is done. Although it was tough and oh my was he pissed off. (Thanks to my neighbor who came over he left and I am unharmed). One problem......he showed up at my house this morning basically begging me to not give up. I did not say a thing and left for work. I know today will be hell for me because he will call all day trying to talk to me. I hope I dont get fired.

Tone Guest
    yay! So glad everything worked out alright. The easy part is done and over with... now the hard part is you staying strong and not giving in to his attempts to try to "win" you back. STAY STRONG, we're here for you~

If it wasnt for this site I do not know if I would have done it. Thanks to all and to you especially....TONE!

Excellent. Good. Now, you go and live your life.
    "Ogres are like onions."

No, Tone. Don't ask her if she wants to move in.

Or if she's available for lessons.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Tone Guest
    O:)

I do not need lessons, but thanks anyway. You see I used to do phone sex for a living (not that it has anything to do with me and sex) but considering I am 37 I know what, when, why, and how.

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me....I feel like a new person!!! It's wonderful.

Tone Guest
    Just stay strong and keep your focus.

You also sound manic, Rox. I'd keep an eye on that. And it ain't over 'til it's over. If we're to take everything you've said here at face value, odds are he will continue pestering you and yours. While I know publicly admitting you've been in an abusive relationship is on par with publicly admitting you're an alcoholic, you might want to give thought to having your network of friends and associates circle their wagons around you during this potentially volatile period, in just the way you asked for your neighbor's intervention. For example, you mentioned phone calls at work and the risk of gettng fired over them. Perfect reason to go to your human resource person there, explain your circumstance, and ask for assistance in getting through it all. New phone extension. New number. Block calls from his number. Whatever. These things don't usually get resolved or go away just because you've taken the first step toward ending it. There's more of a process to it than that; one you can't ordinarily negotiate successfully without help. FWIW.

Tone Guest
    Agree 100% with Hayward.

Hayward, you said I sound manic....I know what manic means but can you go into more detail for me. I do not want to sound manic.

Tone Guest
    I think what he was trying to say was, yeah it's cool to be happy now that you called it off, but don't get too complacent. You have to be on your guard.

That helps Tone. I appreciate you input and your support.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast