+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dating help! About to lose my mind

Ike, I know exactly what your going through. It`s like not having any sense of taste when your eating. You eat just because you have to, not because your enjoying it. Being on the downside can be a terrible thing. Spending as much time as possible with your friends and finding something you enjoy doing that can help keep your mind off of your problems can be the best thing. The absolute best thing, though, is having complete faith and trust in the Lord. He will help you through your hardships and allow you to see the broader picture. It`s still not as easy as it sounds, though. Even having the Lord in your heart can still get you depressed in troubled situations, but He can lift your spirits and allow you to have a smile. If I didn`t have the Lord right now, then I would have fallen off the deep end. He`s allowed me to remain positive and continue to live my life as normal. My situation has been very troubling to me and a totally new experience to me. I really need to not obsess over her in mind as much as I do because it`s only making things worse. As far as waiting a couple weeks to call her, that`s a great idea, but given the holidays being around the corner, I don`t think that would be appropriate right now. I have known her for 6 months and would love to be able to establish a wonderful friendship with her. I miss having that significant other that you can be best friends with. I know inside that I need to back off from her and let things happen the way she wants them too. At the same time though I need to reestablish my role as the man in the relationship we have now and show her that I am able to take charge. That is one of the largest things I`m having trouble with. How do I go about reestablishing that? Also, would it be appropriate to get in touch with her sister and discuss my interests and her interests? Would it show that I am being deceitful by going behind her back for such information?

jeb... i'm not a man of any great faith, but at least you didn't bless me. i've had some very wonderful times in my life and some bad ones also, without any knowing faith in any Lord. not true of many of the people i know and without a metaphysical debate, accepting my current frame of mind, i believe there are far too many things happening in this world we live in, for there to be one or more greater beings.

i am glad though that you've found the Lord to be there for you when needed.

sorry for not having the same faith as you do
    Better by far you should forget and smile
    Than that you should remember and be sad.

A sad thing in life is that sometimes you meet someone who means a lot to you only to find out in the end that it was never bound to be and you just have to let go.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.

I didn`t mean to come here and pass my christian religion on anyone. Even though, it is my duty as a christian to plant the seed of God`s truth in people without faith so that God may allow it to grow. I would like to make a couple of points to your last post. You said that your glad that I have God to rely on when I`m in need. I don`t rely on God just when I`m in need. I try and rely on God in everything. As a christian I have to put my full trust in the Lord at all times, good or bad, in order to live my life correctly. It is in our times of great need that we are able to find God and allow him in our lives. God knows that is how to get man to believe in him and he uses that to the fullest. I challenged a friend of mine once that didn`t really believe in God. He relies on science to prove the facts of the world. He accepted my challenge and I told him to find all the scientific proof in this world that man has discovered as of late and then I told him to reference all his findings to the Bible. I told him that every discovery and myth that man has pondered over has been proved and written about thousands of years ago. He found everything he searched for scientifically in the Bible and now is a believer. The Lord will instill hope and joy inside you. It`s that hope and joy that gets us through our worse of times and our best of times. I`m not trying to convert you, but just think about what I said. Sorry to have brought religion into this discussion, but my religion informs me to be this way about everything and it`s with that, I don`t apologize. Thanks everyone

then all i can say in return is that i'll give some thought to what you've said, perhaps not now, tomorrow or the day after, but one day and that'll not only be in a time of need.

A sad thing in life is that sometimes you meet someone who means a lot to you only to find out in the end that it was never bound to be and you just have to let go.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.

Not everyone will accept Jesus as their Savior. The Bible speaks of that. You have to do what you feel you have to do.

But when Jesus heard that, He said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.
    But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice.' For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

Matthew 9:12-13
    The New King James Version of the Holy Bible

sighh, before I shoot my LF life in the foot

Just passing along some information is all. Do whatever you want with it. That`s solely up to you. Now, back to why I posted here in the first place

Talk to her and find out how she sees things. Shape your opinion based on what she tells you...

Maybe she isn't looking for any relationships right now...

(Oh and breaking everything you write into pragraphs will help)
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya
    Talk to her and find out how she sees things. Shape your opinion based on what she tells you...
    As for advice I agree with this post.

Quote Originally Posted by jebmaro
    I`m new to this site and have never sought advice on dating. I never really needed advice until now. I`ll try to keep this as short as possible, but this is still going to probably be a bit long, so sorry. I am 32 years old and a born again christian. I recently met a beautiful young lady of 24 years that is also a strong christian. We have talked quite a bit and went out a few times, but not as much as I would like to have. She and I can`t seem to get together enough due to our busy lives. Although, her`s is a lot busier than mine. She has a 3 year old daughter and a typical loser ex, who`s the father of her daughter and the 2 were never married.
    rofl..OH ..the irony...its killing me!

Quote Originally Posted by jebmaro
    I didn`t mean to come here and pass my christian religion on anyone. Even though, it is my duty as a christian to plant the seed of God`s truth in people without faith so that God may allow it to grow. I would like to make a couple of points to your last post. You said that your glad that I have God to rely on when I`m in need. I don`t rely on God just when I`m in need. I try and rely on God in everything. As a christian I have to put my full trust in the Lord at all times, good or bad, in order to live my life correctly. It is in our times of great need that we are able to find God and allow him in our lives. God knows that is how to get man to believe in him and he uses that to the fullest. I challenged a friend of mine once that didn`t really believe in God. He relies on science to prove the facts of the world. He accepted my challenge and I told him to find all the scientific proof in this world that man has discovered as of late and then I told him to reference all his findings to the Bible. I told him that every discovery and myth that man has pondered over has been proved and written about thousands of years ago. He found everything he searched for scientifically in the Bible and now is a believer. The Lord will instill hope and joy inside you. It`s that hope and joy that gets us through our worse of times and our best of times. I`m not trying to convert you, but just think about what I said. Sorry to have brought religion into this discussion, but my religion informs me to be this way about everything and it`s with that, I don`t apologize. Thanks everyone

Wow your brain washed. Its amazing. Besides giving me a good chuckle when I read this it also disgusted me that a child of mine if I ever have one would have to shield it self from unfactual information like this. Anyways..the problem is that your friend was not smart...no offense but the bible is very incorrect in many areas...I especially like the area were it says "jebus" instead of Jesus....hallarious. Anyways.... its not up to your friend to disprove god...its up to you to with out a doubt prove him. We dont go "Hey look, if you stick a needle in acid it will cure cancer".." can you prove it?".."no, i dont have a needle around and they are not made anymore"..."then it must be true because we cant prove it or disprove it!". What a load of crap all that is. I was born into a christian catholic family..luckly I escaped the brain washing. I dropped that false god stuff the second I developed logic and reasoning. I find it amusing how christians change around their story when times change. Evolution is not real they say..they prove evolution and all of a sudden its real but god had something to do with it...hahaha..what a joke.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 07-12-05 at 06:02 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Only Virgins........Your mindless LOGIC will come back to haunt you. Sometimes your thoughts are better kept to yourself.

This thread can be locked or erased from the database. I have absolutely no need for such banter here. All of my problems have already been taken care of.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So what did you do and how did things go? Because from what I got out of everything was she expecting you to make some moves... Take initiative in conversations, etc...
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    So what did you do and how did things go? Because from what I got out of everything was she expecting you to make some moves... Take initiative in conversations, etc...

She and I had a very long heart to heart talk, we both got confused and we finally were able to see eye to eye and decided that it was worth that she and I continue to be friends and not worry about where it leads, but hope it leads to bigger and better things between us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12