+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One for the Women: Compliments

Quote Originally Posted by mini696
    - and he says "You're brain".
    That would have to be the worst thing I ever heard... So lame, I would have been offended too. Just purely from the lack of imagination.
    LOL agreed. He was originally a professional contact, and we had great respect for each other in business. The relationship came after - so I understood where he was coming from on the comment, but it was incredibly bad timing haha

Anyway - I've always said that if you could name a reason why you love someone, that's not necessarily a good thing. If you love someone because of the way they look, looks change. If you love someone because they are wealthy, they can turn poor. If you love someone because they are a writer, they can get writers block. And if those things should happen, would you still love them?

I love it when I love someone and dont even really know why. "Because I do" - in such a way that overwhelms me and needs no explanation. Now thats love.

Once loved a woman who was afraid to be or appear weak, submissive, uncertain, or anything along those lines. In those rare moments when she let her guard down and just "was," I would be delighted to catch a glimpse of the woman who lived behind all the armour, and made happy, devoted and loyal by the fact that she'd let me. We didn't last. "You only love me when I'm vulnerable or in pain," she convinced herself. She didn't believe me, or didn't see any difference, when I said, "No. I don't love your pain. I love the pain of your becoming."
    Last edited by whaywardj; 07-11-05 at 07:16 PM.
    Speak less. Say more.

[QUOTE=independentFunny story: there was a time after my divorce that I really loathed the shallow comments about my appearance. I was going through that phase of not dating and being sick with men, you know.

Anyway, I finally started dating a "nice guy" and a month or so into it we became intimate. We were having this really hot moment and he was kissing me and I was feeling like a goddess... and he pulls back with his hair all mussed and that lovesick look in his eyes and he says "Do you know what I love most about you?"... and I say "what's that?" with a goofy grin...

- and he says "You're brain".

And I have to admit - at that very moment in time, I was offended [/QUOTE]

Ok...I'm still waiting for the funny part.

J/K Indy!

Tone Guest
    Mick, I thought you guys broke up, "mate" ?

I get compliments from women... Hmm. I usually don't look much into those, I get a bit confused and say something stupid...
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa
    I get compliments from women... Hmm. I usually don't look much into those, I get a bit confused and say something stupid...
    You too? I'm the worst at taking compliments. Another situation where my sarcasm gets the better of me.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12