+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I Tell My Friend How I Feel About Her?

I just want to second MerryH's advice. Spot on solid.

Do some low-level flirting. If she doesn't respond, lay off and she'll think you were either being silly or lonely and are now over it.

If she responds, it may just be her being friendly or sharing a mutual ego-boost (hey - we all need it now and then), and the way to test this is to ask for a DATE.

Regardless, keep treating her with all the respect you give her now as a friend and don't push her further than she wants to go (okay - test the boundaries a little on occasion, but be ready to back down quick). Do those two things and your friendship will remain solid, regardless of where either of your feelings takes you two.

-PP

In that case I'll third MerryH's advice and take it. Still not sure asking for a date is the way forward - I still think she'd find it weird. But then there are other ways to test whether mutual flirting is more than just a mutual ego-boost and I think doing that is probably a lot wiser than blurting out how I feel. Thanks guys!

If you have not got it on after 10 months - a very long time in my opinion - then it's not gonna happen. What is all this about 'dates'? You spend time with someone, you have sexual feelings for them and then you or they go for it - if you have not done this in 10 months then I don't think it's gonna happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12