+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Single parents and dating?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't mean to rain on your parade, but you must be careful, even with the guys who love kids. Lots of pedophiles look for single moms because they will have easy access to her kids. Keep your guard up.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't mean to rain on your parade, but you must be careful, even with the guys who love kids. Lots of pedophiles look for single moms because they will have easy access to her kids. Keep your guard up.
    Yeah, i am always super careful about this. I am a little bit of a worrier so my guard is always usually up even if it didnt need to be! lol Anything to do with her, i am just so weary about it. He wont be meeting her anytime soon and im pretty sure he is okay. He is very well known here in town and i am friends with all his friends and everybody has nothing but good things to say about him. But yep, will still be super careful. Thanks again
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My girlfriend's mum effectively ruined my girlfriend's childhood and adolesence by doing the following:

1. Moving in a guy who my girlfriend and her two sisters HATED at an extremely sensitive time of their lives (the 11-16 period).
    2. Devoting all her emotional energy to shitty, doomed relationships at the expense of her relationship with her children.

Dating for single mums is a complete minefield. They seem to get swept up in relationships even more than their single counterparts, perhaps because they're so keen to find a replacement father figure. And they seem to go for less quality guys, perhaps because they feel they have to settle because they've got the baggage of children. And the worst thing is, the mum's don't seem to have any insight into what they're doing.

So Jaden Mia my stong advice to you would be to continue doing exactly what you've been doing. I'm very impressed at the restraint you showed in your last relationship. It may have ended but you protected your kid and that has to be your first priority.

And please don't move guys in with you.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    My girlfriend's mum effectively ruined my girlfriend's childhood and adolesence by doing the following:

1. Moving in a guy who my girlfriend and her two sisters HATED at an extremely sensitive time of their lives (the 11-16 period).
    2. Devoting all her emotional energy to shitty, doomed relationships at the expense of her relationship with her children.

Dating for single mums is a complete minefield. They seem to get swept up in relationships even more than their single counterparts, perhaps because they're so keen to find a replacement father figure. And they seem to go for less quality guys, perhaps because they feel they have to settle because they've got the baggage of children. And the worst thing is, the mum's don't seem to have any insight into what they're doing.

So Jaden Mia my stong advice to you would be to continue doing exactly what you've been doing. I'm very impressed at the restraint you showed in your last relationship. It may have ended but you protected your kid and that has to be your first priority.

And please don't move guys in with you.
    No guys will be moving in with me No, i agree. Nothing pisses me off more than sh*tty mums. Grrr.
    I havnt always done things perfectly and never claim to. But i would never put anyone before my girl, she is my number 1 top priority. I fricking struggle being a single mum, money is tight it gets me down that i missed out on a lot of my teen years and i spend some nights depressed about it, thinking how much crap i got myself into being a young mother. But i still keep strong for her and remember she is the only one i need. Me and my daughter have a bond that will never compare to that i will have with a man and when i was down about my ex and cried for a day straight she was so amazing about it..
    She sat there and told me i was going to be okay, that she loved me and i will get better soon. I couldnt believe the things that came out of her mouth, she is 3 years old and her words meant more than anything ever has.

Anything i do with relationships with another man, will be always be in her best interest and thats my promise to her and myself.
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you were absolutely correct in waiting over a year to introduce your child to him. right now, the only one who is hurting is YOU. Had you brought him around sooner, then your kid may end up suffering too, when they bond to inappropriate people who only end up leaving anyway.
    I agree completely with Vash. YOu did this exactly right. Its sad it didn't work out w/him, but you protected your daughter and that is your priority.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I agree completely with Vash.
    I've seen some really, really bad things in the hospital, unfortunately.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've seen some really, really bad things in the hospital, unfortunately.
    I bet. I really couldn't ever do what you do. Huge respect for you, Vash. And thanks.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12