+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

hi hi hi!

I have a question!

Someone told me... well I donīt agree whith him but I have to ask

Is Harry a bad wizard.. that just pass everything with luck? Itīs because of what Snape tells him at the end of the book without option to make any spell to him
    Or is Snape so powerfull that Harry cant do it?
    Y morirme contigo si te matas, y matarme contigo si te mueres,
    porque el amor cuando no muere mata, porque amores que matan nunca mueren

I think Rowling hasn't showed us that Harry is anything special as far as his wizarding powers. Dumbledore kept talking about how he his ability to "love" gives him a strength that Voldemort doesn't have. But who knows..maybe Rowling will show us something.

He CAN fly pretty good. And I guess he does have good defense reflexes..he can kick off the Imperious curse pretty good, too.

well I think that maybe because of Vold always next to him.. he has been in more danger than many others, and he did it quite well, I mean.. by words of Snape... THe one who conjured that patronus must be a great wizard ( but he did not knew that he was Harry)
    Without the presion of Snape, Harry can do quite good potions, and he prooves it with the book... itīs help, but he manages to do it.
    he could teach others and maybe the always pass with help, but he does it

Her mother was good at it, and his father was one of the best, so Harry canīt be so bad

I think itīs the "snape effect"

I think you're describing Neville more so than Harry on that "snape effect".

When did Snape say that about the patronus? Was it in book 3 when he saved himself from the dementors??

okay guys... having been so bored and finishing all the other books that i have on hand, i'm proud to let you know that i have started reading harry potter from the beginning...
    (couldn't afford to buy anymore book so resorted to my bf's collection)
    i started the first one yesterday, and have now finished with the second one.. i'll be starting the third one tonight.. sigh... i hate this.. then, i'll catch up with you guys by the end of this week and i'll join in on the discussion.. yay!!!!
    aren't you proud of me?
    "Ogres are like onions."

do you think it is worth reading all of the books, or should i watch the movies!

as a 22 year old male, is it looked down upon if i read harry potter?

As a 27 year old male, I think it's okay for you to read Harry Potter...in fact, I encourage all ages and genders to read these awsome books.

Definitely catch up to us, Arty, we'll value your contributions..but read nothing else about Harry Potter until you catch up because there's spoilers everythere. You think certain things but Rowling has twists in the end so make sure you have no more HP contact till you finish.

it's worth reading all of the books.. watching movies make your mind dull...

nomas is like in his late 20s... i'm 23 ... you're 22... it is not looked down upon... i know people as old as 90 reading it and as young as ten...

it's amusing, really...
    "Ogres are like onions."

thanks

(i have no life)

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    As a 27 year old male, I think it's okay for you to read Harry Potter...in fact, I encourage all ages and genders to read these awsome books.

Definitely catch up to us, Arty, we'll value your contributions..but read nothing else about Harry Potter until you catch up because there's spoilers everythere. You think certain things but Rowling has twists in the end so make sure you have no more HP contact till you finish.
    actually, i don't think they're spoilers... see as i'm reading your discussion.. i can start looking for hints now... that would add some meat to it, no?

people talking about it isn't the same as yourself reading it, you know? because as i'm reading, it's like watching a movie.. i see the imagery..
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    thanks

(i have no life)
    rsk... it's not about having no life or having one.. books are fun... take this from a person who's barely home, who's barely alone.. when i get the chance, i gobbled down books like crazy, greedily because alone time and book time is so rare and precious..
    "Ogres are like onions."

if you are cursed becuase you are barely home and/or barely alone, then show me hell please

to be TRULY cursed is to have too much alone time and/or being alone

(i have no life) - yeah, i could read - but how many books? i could watch t.v. but for how long?

i don't mean to rain on this thread

truth is - i'm starting university again - and that should keep me occupied for a while, hopefull the wind blows my way, and i meet someone special.........who knows?

(i have no life)

but i just gotta keep on going - i'm really counting on something to happen while at university again - i don't know if i should get my hopes up too high - because i'd come crashing down again....................it SUCKS!

i just gotta get into a bit more shape - feel better about myself - and let the wind take care of the rest

God works in mysterious ways, let's see what he has cooking up for me this year.......

.....is it gonna be a gourmey meal, or another turkish delight?

haha - life goes on like a wheel without direction, like a snake without eyes, like a river with no Ocean outlet.................lol........life does go on..........

.......no body care except me..........and the sooner i learn this, the farther i'd get in life...........beacause it is all a game - nothing more

(i have no life)

No, Arty, it WILL spoil the experience because you'll know who dies when and who is actually good when you're led to believe they're bad and vice versa..that kind of thing is way better to have it come as a shock as you read it..it makes the book all the better.

But that's just my opinion, I guess.

I've bought the Chronicles of Narnia and I intend to watch the first movie (Lion/Witch/Wardrobe) before I read it..but then I'll read the rest of the book..or actually, if I have time I'll read the book first. Either way, I know one experience will take a lot away from the other, but we'll see, I guess.

madre mia!

reading is much better, really... well if you donīt want to read you can get the audiobooks... they are really useful when you have long trips in the car, of to sleep at night ( adoro los cuentos desde pequeņa)

but the films?? ok.. they are fine.. but if the films are fine, the books are treasures! and you have to wait until.. prfff to see all the books on films, they havenīt even show the 4th one... and we are with the 6th book.

Iīm too curius to wait until the films go out, or to stay still just watching them, I always want to know much more.. even the books are "short"
    oh! I have so many questions...

itīs not a waste of time.. and that thing of age, ey! iīm the smallest, iīm only 20... but iīve made my father read the books, heīs finishing the 6 now ^^

iīm so proud of him... so many time talking to him about it makes him even listen to me

so... Nevile?? well they both are conected, arenīt they? I mean... they have loose theyīre parents. well Nevilleīs are still alive, but.. well... not very usefull, and Harry..
    and the profethy, and both trying to have revenge, Harry upon Voldemort and Snape, and Neville upon Bellatrix ( I love that name!)
    So! I think Snape hates them because he heard about that profecy and I donīt trust him, so... he tries to make them weak ŋ? ( débiles) and thatīs why of the " Snapeīs effect"

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    No, Arty, it WILL spoil the experience because you'll know who dies when and who is actually good when you're led to believe they're bad and vice versa..that kind of thing is way better to have it come as a shock as you read it..it makes the book all the better.

But that's just my opinion, I guess.

I've bought the Chronicles of Narnia and I intend to watch the first movie (Lion/Witch/Wardrobe) before I read it..but then I'll read the rest of the book..or actually, if I have time I'll read the book first. Either way, I know one experience will take a lot away from the other, but we'll see, I guess.
    i'm 1/4 through the third book.. but big headache coming on.. knowing the story line is fine.. but for me still.. you can't tell all the details and the imagery that you'd miss by listening to the details...
    "Ogres are like onions."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast