+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mars Mars Mars

anachronistic Guest
    I wonder how clear the night sky is for Mars. Does anyone have any panoramic views of that? The panoramic images that I have seem to all be during the day.

All I find on Google are pictures of what Mars looks like from Earth.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well in the case of the Phoenix experiments they verified it was indeed H2O ice and not dry ice (CO2)

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Kim Stanley Robinson's "Red Mars" is basically a huge hypothetical about the colonization of Mars. For the subject matter, it's still one of the more practical limit-minded books I've read.
    Mmmwah! *kiss for aegis*

I was just going to mention this series (it IS a series for those that don't know it). There's also Green Mars & Blue Mars that follows.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    I wonder how clear the night sky is for Mars. Does anyone have any panoramic views of that? The panoramic images that I have seem to all be during the day.

All I find on Google are pictures of what Mars looks like from Earth.
    Google for Mars Rover, LW. Look on the nasa.gov site.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, try, try and try again. I *really* want this group to make this work:

[url]http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/8/elon-musk-s-spacex-fails-third-launch[/url]
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    Measure twice... and lift off once. Jesus Christ. 3 times? You are shitting me.

I like the comment at the bottom: "SpaceX fails to get to space for 3rd time- Surprising or Not?"

By the way, I never found nighttime photos of Mars. Oh well. My favorite martian crater is the Victorian crater I have the huge panorama shot of it. Trying to make a nifty little background of that. Isn't it interesting how they color the photos of Mars? I wonder how accurate the colors are. It looks as though some colors from the visual spectrum do not make an appearance on Mars. I wonder how the distance from Mars and the Sun would effect terrestrial life if we were somehow able to terraform it. I'm going to make some calculations on wavelengths and light.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't give a crap if it takes them 10 times, so long as it works. Of course, then one would have to ask if they've just gone and hired those old NASA engineers. You know, the sort that can't convert from imperial to metric.

Its just a bummer b/c this one actually had some payload that got trashed. Ah well, at least they're trying.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12