+ Follow This Topic
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: State of Arizona Passes Law to Check Immigration Status

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I'm glad the Europeans conquered North America. It gave birth to the United States, and right now, I'm living here and enjoying it

Their conquered lands are today home to the greatest country on earth. Good for them
    Lies! It gave birth to Canada, the greatest country on Earth.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    lol. Five students were kicked out of school for wearing American flag shirts and shorts on Cinco de Mayo in California

That angers me to no end

[url=http://news.yahoo.com/video/sanfranciscocbs5-15751300/s-bay-students-wearing-u-s-flag-shirts-sent-home-19586193]S. Bay Students Wearing U.S. Flag Shirts Sent Home[/url]
    wow, that's totally ****ed up
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWagginston View Post
    Right, everyone who owns a vacation island is smug, even if their island is small and in the remote wilderness of Ontario, making it affordable to any middle class family.

You could get one if you wanted. Would that make you smug?
    Please. A 'vacation island' in Ontario isn't even the equivalent of owning a nice property someplace like Hawaii. We've got a place in cottage country as well. Don't make it sound more than what it is. In any case, its probably your parents, not yours. Big difference, kiddo. You get the privilege of a middle class upbringing, but as my parents liked to say: children of doctors do not make *them* doctors, just perhaps more likely to be.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Please. A 'vacation island' in Ontario isn't even the equivalent of owning a nice property someplace like Hawaii. We've got a place in cottage country as well. Don't make it sound more than what it is. In any case, its probably your parents, not yours. Big difference, kiddo. You get the privilege of a middle class upbringing, but as my parents liked to say: children of doctors do not make *them* doctors, just perhaps more likely to be.
    Is it just me or is Wag already down-playing his "vacation island" and you see it as showing it off?

It's like trying to promote a car model by showing its poor safety record.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I think I misunderstood your post- were you not pointing out that the Cuban man who offended me so was protecting his own by refusing to assimilate?

Let 'em in! Just make it legal.

Yeah, it was a misunderstanding because I would not have defended the individual who refused to assimilate.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Is it just me or is Wag already down-playing his "vacation island" and you see it as showing it off?

It's like trying to promote a car model by showing its poor safety record.
    LOL, he wouldn't have used the term in the first place if that was so. But I'm being unnecessarily harsh, all the same.

Maybe, though I'd guess that a family vacation island in Ontario doesn't exactly insinuate a 15km^2 island in Key West.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    What the Hell is your problem? I mentioned that place only to prove a point about the degree to which I appreciate hand-built items and property--THAT'S ALL--and you're making it out like I'm some kind of ****ing show off. I'm sick and tired of people inferring things from what I say that I did not imply.

Yes, we own an island. You know who else owns an island? The Gonzos, who own the island next to us. Mr. Gonzo works at a fishing shop. He is not a rich man.

The next time someone--anyone--wants to make an assumption about me, because I admit to things like this, think again. Yes, my family has employed illegal immigrants, before. You know what else? My parents paid them more than minimum wage. Because even though they didn't have to, they believe in justice and fairness. My nanny growing up will forever view my father as a saint for the way he treated her.

You people act like anyone with money is evil. My dad has money, and he gives to charity. In fact, he gets HARASSED by charity organizations. He has given too much to charity, to the point that random charity groups have our home address and think that if they call us at any time of day, he will give them money via credit card.

Let me tell you something. My mom constantly tells my dad, "Stop giving your money away." Why? Because they don't appreciate it. He gave a bunch of money to a local police union, and they have been calling us on a monthly basis asking for more and more money. He'll say, "But... that money I have left is my savings." And they'll say, well, you don't need that much more money to save for retirement vacations, do you?"

Then they make us out like some kind of uncaring demons, but you know what? Those savings? Those are the college savings for my sister and I, and they have already run out. Because my parents are too nice to say no to every damn charity organization that asks for a cut of it. Are there are hundreds of them. My parents make more money than the average person, that's true, but you know what? They're in debt. That's right. Because between supporting my sister and I and paying for every single humane cause that has our phone number, we have no money left.

I really believe that the rich should help the needy, I really do. But sometimes, it gets ridiculous. Just the other day, I was walking down the street, and some guy said, "Do you support art?" I said, "Yes," and gave him some change. Do you know what he said?

"THAT'S ALL THE CHANGE YOU CAN SPARE??!!"

It's like these people think we don't work for our money. It wasn't inherited. My parents paid their way through college themselves, with part-time jobs, and they earned it. It took them 40 ****ing years, before they had earned enough that they decided they were ready to raise kids.

I know I will make even more money than my parents did, and let me tell you: I am THIS CLOSE to conclusively deciding that I will donate NONE OF IT to ANYONE for these exact reasons. Because no matter how much I give, someone will say,

"Pfft. It's your job to give, rich boy. You're still evil."

Sorry for the drunken tangent, but I'm am confident that my opinions and situation are being misunderstood, here.
    Last edited by SirWagginston; 07-05-10 at 05:20 PM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If your parents paid the illegals scale, that's one thing, though I have my doubts about that.

If everybody paid illegals scale then there would be little incentive in hiring them over Americans.

And I fully support you in not donating shit to anyone, I don't trust charity organizations.

Nice to see Indi broke you, that was entertaining.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWagginston View Post
    What the Hell is your problem? I mentioned that place only to prove a point about the degree to which I appreciate hand-built items and property--THAT'S ALL--and you're making it out like I'm some kind of ****ing show off. I'm sick and tired of people inferring things from what I say that I did not imply.

Yes, we own an island. You know who else owns an island? The Gonzos, who own the island next to us. Mr. Gonzo works at a fishing shop. He is not a rich man.

The next time someone--anyone--wants to make an assumption about me, because I admit to things like this, think again. Yes, my family has employed illegal immigrants, before. You know what else? My parents paid them more than minimum wage. Because even though they didn't have to, they believe in justice and fairness. My nanny growing up will forever view my father as a saint for the way he treated her.

You people act like anyone with money is evil. My dad has money, and he gives to charity. In fact, he gets HARASSED by charity organizations. He has given too much to charity, to the point that random charity groups have our home address and think that if they call us at any time of day, he will give them money via credit card.

Let me tell you something. My mom constantly tells my dad, "Stop giving your money away." Why? Because they don't appreciate it. He gave a bunch of money to a local police union, and they have been calling us on a monthly basis asking for more and more money. He'll say, "But... that money I have left is my savings." And they'll say, well, you don't need that much more money to save for retirement vacations, do you?"

Then they make us out like some kind of uncaring demons, but you know what? Those savings? Those are the college savings for my sister and I, and they have already run out. Because my parents are too nice to say no to every damn charity organization that asks for a cut of it. Are there are hundreds of them. My parents make more money than the average person, that's true, but you know what? They're in debt. That's right. Because between supporting my sister and I and paying for every single humane cause that has our phone number, we have no money left.

I really believe that the rich should help the needy, I really do. But sometimes, it gets ridiculous. Just the other day, I was walking down the street, and some guy said, "Do you support art?" I said, "Yes," and gave him some change. Do you know what he said?

"THAT'S ALL THE CHANGE YOU CAN SPARE??!!"

It's like these people think we don't work for our money. It wasn't inherited. My parents paid their way through college themselves, with part-time jobs, and they earned it. It took them 40 ****ing years, before they had earned enough that they decided they were ready to raise kids.

I know I will make even more money than my parents did, and let me tell you: I am THIS CLOSE to conclusively deciding that I will donate NONE OF IT to ANYONE for these exact reasons. Because no matter how much I give, someone will say,

"Pfft. It's your job to give, rich boy. You're still evil."

Sorry for the drunken tangent, but I'm am confident that my opinions and situation are being misunderstood, here.
    Don't be sorry Wag, you have no idea what just happened. Well, Grib and Giga might, and I may be banned yet one of these days. I'm just being a bored meaning this week.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    If your parents paid the illegals scale, that's one thing, though I have my doubts about that.

I overpay my housekeeper. That's right: overpay. And I HELP her clean.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I overpay my housekeeper. That's right: overpay. And I HELP her clean.
    I don't get why you help clean.. just not making it too dirty would be good enough

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    I don't get why you help clean.. just not making it too dirty would be good enough
    I only have her come in every other week to help me with deep cleaning. Otherwise the house is pretty tidy. Actually, she says she thinks our house is cleaner than average, with the exception of my daughter's room. I don't like clutter or dirt because of my germ phobias.

I help her clean because it isn't in my nature to lounge around while others work.

Anyway, I pay her $80, and she is here for about four hours, during which time we also sit and have coffee. She makes a lot more per hour than most housekeepers, but I trust her to be alone in the house, and she is very nice. I don't know if she is illegal or not - I never asked.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Oh well, that's different from what I thought... I thought you had the woman coming to clean every day...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    Oh well, that's different from what I thought... I thought you had the woman coming to clean every day...
    oh, no way! I don't really even like the idea of having a housekeeper at all. We never had one until I started working, and we got her because no one wants to help me with the heavy cleaning, and I refuse to do it all myself.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast