+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Thirsty Dudes

Thirsty Dudes

I'm not one to usually worry about my girlfriend and her activities. I trust her and love her to death, but I feel like there could be a possibility of her leaving me for some guy. Although, another side of me feels it's highly unlikely. But I have my doubts due to past relationships turning out horrible. So I try to keep my guard up enough so that if something bad does happen, it won't surprise/phase me as much.

I'm not one to check up constantly on people that I'm in a relationship with. One reason being because it makes me doubtful and scared of what might not be. But recently, I saw some posts on my girlfriend's instagram. Comments rather. From other guys and it made me a little heated. One post was from a guy stating "kik me back". I got even more curious and searched about who he was and noticed he had a picture of my girl up as a WCF (Woman Crush Friday) picture. And another post/video of him giving a tbh about her. That set me off a little more. And it isn't just from this guy, it seems every guy wants her. I understand that's a good/bad thing, but it makes me a little worried and angry. Usually, I masquerade my feelings, but my question is Should I even mention how I feel about this? Should I bring up the instagram stuff, at all? Or should I just leave it and trust that she loves me?

Social media is so gross for this reason.
    I know "everyone" has those sites, but I dont date guys who are into kik and posting selfies on Twitter and shit. It's just stupid and self absorbed. There's no point to those sites. Facebook is okay but why does she need to have accounts to other stuff too? Who does she need to talk to and impress? I'd be cautious dating a female with tons of websites and postings and shit.

She's an attention whore and you'd do well to tell her that you don't like her flirting with stranger boys on such sites. Then shut up and when she starts to defend herself with BS about how you don't trust her... let her rant and when she's finished just say: "I've told you how I feel about it and it's up to you what you do with that information." Then, if she doesn't delete herself and stop all her attention whoring then dump her because she's an insecure twat that you're better off without.

Her quest for attention will only get worse as she ages. Her being on those kinds of sites when she's in a committed relationship is disrespectful and inappropriate and you will be looking after your own emotional interests to dump her (if she won't get off the site(s)) before she ends up meeting one of these player apes who are giving her the attention she is addicted to.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 08-10-14 at 05:02 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by purple_roses View Post
    Social media is so gross for this reason.
    I know "everyone" has those sites, but I dont date guys who are into kik and posting selfies on Twitter and shit. It's just stupid and self absorbed. There's no point to those sites.
    BTW, what is gross and stupid in your opinion has made millions if not billions of dollars behind the geniuses who created these sites. There's nothing wrong taking selfies and posting them on social media as long as it isn't hurting anyone else, is there?

Get off your high horses woman!
    Last edited by dontaskme; 08-10-14 at 05:27 PM.

I think you misinterpreted what I mean. She's not one for attention like that. My problem is I'm the jealous type and I don't necessarily like other guys around her and/or trying to talk to her. So my question is more of should I bring up this subject again or should I just leave it be and trust that she loves me? Note: We've been together for about six years or so. She's the loyal type. But she's a nice person, period so people gravitate to her naturally.

My advice stands as is.

If you don't do what I suggest then she will end up leaving you for one of these guys that gives her attention. She is NOT a good partner to have in her current need to have the attention of other boys.

If you are the jealous type then you should work on that
    Here's something that may help you on your way with that: [url=http://www.pathwaytohappiness.com/relationship_jealousy.html]Overcoming Jealousy[/url]

For the love of god, find a girl that won't give you unnecessary grief by doing things like this one is doing.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 09-10-14 at 08:06 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    My advice stands as is.

If you don't do what I suggest then she will end up leaving you for one of these guys that gives her attention. She is NOT a good partner to have in her current need to have the attention of other boys.

If you are the jealous type then you should work on that
    Here's something that may help you on your way with that:

For the love of god, find a girl that won't give you unnecessary grief by doing things like this one is doing.
    [MENTION=52694]Wakeup[/MENTION], you must be one lonely ass mofo.

Quote Originally Posted by loveisathing View Post
    You post your problems in the internet, be prepared for what is coming to ya! If you don't have the balls nor the gutsy to accept any opinions, I suggest you hire your own psychiatrist to have a one to one session with you... or if you are so fukcing brilliant yourself, then you should solve your own problems instead of cussing the stranger whose giving her honest opinion of you/your situation. Don't be such a cunt!

- - - Updated - - -

And "you're not supposed to sweat the petty things nor pet the sweaty things!"

Quote Originally Posted by loveisathing View Post

On the contrary... happily married for 37 years this September. Thanks for inquiring..

lol @ dontaskme

Well if you have been together 6years and know shes loyal-whats the problem? Why cant you talk to her about this and tell her you feel insecure. If shes as good as you say she is, she will reassure you and you can discuss boundaries when it comes to these social media sites. Set some ground rules and give each other full access to passwords etc-not to snoop but just to be open and honest