+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was i wrong to ask him for a break?

Was i wrong to ask him for a break?

We re long distance. He has been different lately, he ignores me sometimes, he blows me off. He sees my messages and either doesnt open them even though he is online, or he reads them and doesnt reply sometimes.. When we talk he just plays with his phone.. He was out of town for 3 days and when he came back,the first thing was to go watch soccer, even though we hadnt talked for 3 days.. Today he woke up and didnt even message me or call me and just went out. He is more out than he is with me lately. I feel he avoids me. And i have coaught him lying about where he is and what he does a lot of times.. I talked to him about it and he swears nothing is wrong and that he loves me even more. I just asked him for a break. He hasn seen the message yet. Do you think im overreacting?

No your not. All his actions say he has lost interest. Long distance doesn't work. Instead of taking a break, just break up

He is asking me why do i want a break.. I dont even know where to begin. He ll just deny everything again and tell im im overreacting and im being overly sensitive again.

You don't owe him an explanation. He has shown you through his actions and lies that a) hes not as into you as you are to him and b) you cannot trust him. Just tell him its over and not to contact you again. Hes been an asshole and treated you poorly without any consideration for your feelings so why should you consider his? Block him from your phone and social media and move on.

It sounds like you could find someone much more attentive to your needs, then this guy. You don't seem happy and there's no reason to settle.

From his actions, I cannot say that I blame you. He is not showing you the proper respect and attention you deserve. True, sometimes when relationships become comfortable, people aren't as 100% attentive as they had been when it was fresh and new. That is okay and to be expected. However, it sounds like he can barely be bothered to give you much time at all, and blatantly lies to you as well.

These are things that are NOT okay by any stretch of the imagination. So, you were right to ask for a break. I'd even agree with the others that maybe you should just break up with him period.

I would also agree that with the way it sounds like he acted, he doesn't even necessarily deserve an explanation. But, if you do still hope there could be some chance for you two, and/or if it would make you feel better, I would say go ahead and explain. Do so as cordially and matter-of-fact as you can. In other words, try not to turn it into an argument. But, just simply get across the point that you do not accept these kind of actions, and that if he cannot respect that, you owe it to yourself to end the relationship. Good luck!

He just called me. I explained why i feel this way. His reply was ''i may be different because im focused on changing my life around for us.''

What kind of changes? When will one of you be moving to be with the other? Is this going anywhere? When will you see him again?

Tell him your not happy with a half assed bf who is too busy to make time for you so he can either step up or get lost

Take control and stop being a little puppet for him pulling all the strings

He told me he started classes today to finish his degree and sent resumes to find a job so he can come visit me and says he wants to live with me in the future. I dont know when i will see him, i guess when he gets a job.. Im just frustrated because on one hand he tells me he is changing his life to be with me and on the other his behavior is weird. I dont know what to believe.

he's lazy..don't waste your time on him. I was in a marriage very similar to this for 6 years. All he did was ignore me and nothing changed. Of course when I left he promised he was going to change, go to counseling with me, blah blah blah but by then all my feelings for him were gone. Seriously he's wasting your time. He wants the comfort of know you're there without putting any effort into the relationship. You can do better.

He doesn't have a job? Jeez! Dump him!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll just add words are cheap. They mean nothing without actions to back it up. How long distance is this? Have you ever met him in real life? How often do you see him? How far away is he?

Is this one of these BS relationships where you can just say you have a bf or do you actually have a bf? Again, why are you wasting your time?

When was the last time you cuddled him or had sex with him or went out for dinner? If its more than a month then its NOT a relationship. I don't know how you people can stand long distance. I wouldnt last a week lol

Instead of a break - break up. His aloof behaviors are proving that his not really invested in the relationship which is completely unfair to you. It sounds like he is hiding behind a facade of everything being normal, especially when he says that nothing is wrong and he loves you more than ever - and his actions are proving different. Those are the behaviors of wimpy guys. It is your decision - call him out on his behaviors and insist that he grow a pair, or break up. I would go with the latter - you need a man who wants to be with you.

Don't be the woman that will be ignored, lied to and walked all over. Unfortunately, that will result in a failure in this relationship and all others to follow until you change your M.O.
    I'm suggesting making it clear to him that you know that you've been lied to, and that doesn't work for you. Also you have expectations that seem reasonable to you, which he doesn't seem to aspire to live up to. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow, so you need your boyfriend's commitment today, not in some fantasy future that will never exist if things keep going this way.
    Tell him he's put the carriage in front of the horse, and to kindly NOT plan a future with someone he can't be present with.

Good Luck!
    “Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is to sign on as its accomplice. Instead of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet. That would mean that security is out of the question. The words "make" and "stay" become inappropriate. My love for you has no strings attached. I love you for free.”

― Tom Robbins, Still Life with Woodpecker

You know.. You can ease the pain that you feel... i think you should regain your composure...

It sounds like you could find someone much more attentive to your needs, then this guy. You don't seem happy and there's no reason to settle.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVrYiXXhb8A]My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me for No Reason[/url]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast