+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do they see me as I do...

MMJ is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Do they see me as I do...

Hi Friends,

I always had this doubt in my mind. Am now so much frustrated that I am here to clear it all. Hope you can help me.

Let me tell about myself Am a good looking guy am known for treating everyone good. But I am physically disabled ( I can walk around only with a crutch in my hands, I cant sit erect- I need back support to sit, cant bend my left knee). Other than this I am good compared to most guys.

The doubt that has been killing me is, When a girl looks at me walking through what does she actually feel...

Do they look at me like they look at any other normal guy or they pitty on me for my condition and look at me that way...

Am asking this cause when I goto a place I can see many girls looking at me, my mind always thinks like they are looking at my good aspects( I lift so have a good decent body )...

Is it really so???

Please dear girls Be Frank and Reply Me From Your Heart...

I dont want to live in a false illusion...

Plz dont give me more false hope... Be Frank from your heart to what you may feel...

Guys if you have any similar experience... plz share with me...
    Last edited by MMJ; 11-05-13 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMJ View Post
    The doubt that has been killing me is, When a girl looks at me walking through what does she actually feel...

Do they look at me like they look at any other normal guy or they pitty on me for my condition and look at me that way...

Am asking this cause when I goto a place I can see many girls looking at me, my mind always thinks like they are looking at my good aspects( I lift so have a good decent body )..
    MMJ, my son has a degree of difficulty with walking, so I know the looks you mean.

There is no one-size-fits-all answer. Some people will judge and look down on the disabled - we have been blasted by car horns if he's too slow crossing the road. Other people will notice the disability and then look straight past it to find the person inside - thankfully this describes the majority of people in his life.

If I was in a night club and a person fitting your description walked in, yes, I would notice the physical disability. But only for an instant. After that, I'd notice the other things about you.

Having said all that, there are always those who only want a person who's appearance rates 7-10 as a partner. These shallow types will probably shave 4 or 5 points off you for having a physical disability and you won't get a look in. But do not despair - these are not the type of women you want in your life anyway. It's no loss.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

The one who looks are actually interested, especialy if they respond to your smile or eye contact with smile. Its harder but you can walk. And same thing with relationships. You still can do it.

These guys proved that even a wheelchair is not an obstacle.

youtube.com/watch?v=64Ixzp94ksw
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

people look at anything that appears different. most dont mean any offence and most are prob just wondering "what happened to his leg"

i dont think this would hold you back in the dating world. i kow one guy who lost his leg in an accident, he has a long term gf and nobody judges him because of it.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    MMJ, my son has a degree of difficulty with walking, so I know the looks you mean.

There is no one-size-fits-all answer. Some people will judge and look down on the disabled - we have been blasted by car horns if he's too slow crossing the road. Other people will notice the disability and then look straight past it to find the person inside - thankfully this describes the majority of people in his life.

If I was in a night club and a person fitting your description walked in, yes, I would notice the physical disability. But only for an instant. After that, I'd notice the other things about you.

Having said all that, there are always those who only want a person who's appearance rates 7-10 as a partner. These shallow types will probably shave 4 or 5 points off you for having a physical disability and you won't get a look in. But do not despair - these are not the type of women you want in your life anyway. It's no loss.
    What you said seems to make some point...

I always kept wondering of this point only cause most girls I would ask out or go and flirt a little would jus say I didnt expect this from"you"..

I jus get thrashed on that word "you"..

Users Country Flag
    @pcmaster the video was really inspiring...

Thank you

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    people look at anything that appears different. most dont mean any offence and most are prob just wondering "what happened to his leg"

i dont think this would hold you back in the dating world. i kow one guy who lost his leg in an accident, he has a long term gf and nobody judges him because of it.
    I hope that the girl am looking at also looks at me the positive way that I want her to see me...

Hopefully she too gets to feel what I feel one day...