+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Texting daily... but what does it reall mean?

Texting daily... but what does it reall mean?

I met this man online 3 years ago: we used to have a chat as a past time when it happened to be both online. I've always considered him as a nice person to talk to, and sometimes I also talked to him about my problems or projects and so he did, but he has always been just a virtual friend to me as we live in different countries, and -I think- he would agree on that.

Few months ago I had serious health problems due to a very bad break up and he really helped me a lot trying to give me advices etc. So, now it's few months we talk daily about a lot of things, both stupid-useless and serious.
    I already say in advance I'm not thinking about getting in a relationship with him now for many reasons, I'm not ready yet to love someone again and, most of all, we never met. But I do wonder what he may be thinking as we are probably going to have a meeting in few months.

He is a grown man and I know he doesnt believe in all that online relationships thing, he is never flirty (but is he maybe held back by what happened to me few months ago?). At the same time, he is always very very nice to me, he enjoys giving me cute pet names, he told me a couple of times how much he hates that we live in different countries and there's not a day that he doesn't text me first (and it generally goes on like that all day till late night).

Well, that's it, I'd like to read what guys think his feelings are

and there's not a day that he doesn't text me first (and it generally goes on like that all day till late night).
    How does one have time to do that? Do neither of you have jobs that you need to be focused on?

Anyway, don't get yourself all wound up to the point. You live on different continents so what plans would either of you have to move to the other? Even sex.. don't expect your one encounter to lead to anything other than a nice night of sexual pleasure.

I can see by your post that you've got a crush on a man that you've never even met. A crush based on words that have never been backed up by actions. Reign in the fantasy and be logical about this. His "feelings" irrelavent at this point because like you, if he has any, they too would be based on words never having been backed up by action. Concentrate logically about this.

This man will come between you and any REAL life romance you get going because you're addicted to the attention. Most people won't like that you are having an emotional affair with someone other than them.

I didnt mean we text all time, he has his job and his life and i do the same, it's like a text once in a while (except of course if we have nothing else to do).

I don't have a crush on him at all and I'm not going to have any sexual encounter with him, I'm still suffering from the break up with my ex and one of the few things that are really clear on my mind is in this moment I wouldnt get in a relationship (serious or occasional) with this man or anyone else.

I wanted to know what you guys think his feelings could be just cos in case you all think he may want more than a friendship I'd slow the whole thing down for several reasons, first of all cos it's not what I'm looking for, I've already been in a distance relationship in the past and it def was enough

The whole thing is kinda weird, and in some way he is probably attracted to you. As far as weird things go, this is on the very low end of the scale. If you're happy, keep doing it. Just don't be surprised if he's spankin his monkey to your pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    I didnt mean we text all time, he has his job and his life and i do the same, it's like a text once in a while (except of course if we have nothing else to do).
    Oh, okay, that's different from "it generally goes on all day and late into the night."

Some things to consider that MAY be going on sub-consciously in your mind:
    I don't have a crush on him at all and I'm not going to have any sexual encounter with him,
    Then why do you need to know in advance if he has romantic feelings for you? You say it's because you'll shut it down if he does. Well, if he shows you that he does or he tells you outright that he does you can shut it down and deal with it then and there. Wanting strangers to be able to give you a clue about what he's feeling isn't going to give you the answer you're seeking.

I'm still suffering from the break up with my ex and one of the few things that are really clear on my mind is in this moment I wouldnt get in a relationship (serious or occasional) with this man or anyone else.
    If you really mean this, if this is a personal boundary you'd not let him or yourself cross, then you have your answer in how to proceed.

I wanted to know what you guys think his feelings could be just cos in case you all think he may want more than a friendship I'd slow the whole thing down for several reasons, first of all cos it's not what I'm looking for, I've already been in a distance relationship in the past and it def was enough
    Stick to your own personal boundaries. What we "think" is irrelevant, really.