+ Follow This Topic

Thread: relationship with a guy of different nationality

relationship with a guy of different nationality

I'm 35yo asian and just started dating a 36yo colleague who is lebanese. Started like 5mos ago. We're both single and never married.
    Funny thing is, before we started dating, a friend warned me that lebanese guy doesnt end up a non-lebanese girl... of course, I think thats a BS so I continued going out with him.
    After couple of months, the guy admitted that he is "conservative" and does believe that he should marry a lebanese one day. But later, he said that it will be difficult for him to do that because he's getting too attached to me.
    So our nationalities remained an issue and apart from dating a colleague which our company do NOT encourage---we figured to keep the relationship a secret. Our common friends do not even know it, to avoid rumours going around. His family doesnt know about us, for obvious reasons.
    Though we havent said it, I do feel he loves me and I love him back.
    But every time we start talking about the future, I dont seem to fit in his plans and I get sick to my stomach knowing he would leave me for somebody who is from his country and most likely a lot younger (I did notice men from their country marry girls up to 10 years younger than them)
    So should I continue seeing him? Is it too soon to assume there's no future for us? Please help...

It's true... middle eastern men have long term relationships with other ethnicities, but they always marry the same kind.

yeah, i know indians have to marry their own nationalities. im not so sure about cowboys.

It's a bit like racism isn't it? Some cultures just will not marry outside of their own culture. It's not a question of nationality. I'm dating somebody is a different nationality to me. But because we're not conservative fruit loops it's no big deal.