+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to ask her to hang out?

No confidence at all with this girl

So there's this girl I chat with online, she's cool to talk to and she is one of the prettiest girl I have ever seen. yes, she is real,so don't worry about that. We had actually made plans to go to some show (I made plans in advance), but than I realized it fell on Easter night and the plans fell through. She gave me her number, but I honestly never text her. I have been wanting to ask her to hang out and just chill but I have no idea what we would do. I was thinking maybe like a baseball game or something. She said she would be interested in that. Honestly, I just don't have the guts though. I mean she really is absolutely gorgeous and I have no confidence to actually ask her. In my mind as long as I don't ask, she can't reject me.

I don't think she would reject me though, I mean she does seem interested in at least hanging out and getting to know each other, but I don't know.

Anyone got any tips on how to ask and sound confident?

I mean if we do go well have to plan ahead so we can both ask off work so what's a good plan for that? A few weeks?
    Last edited by jerrysays; 23-05-12 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysays View Post
    I mean she really is absolutely gorgeous and I have no confidence to actually ask her. In my mind as long as I don't ask, she can't reject me.
    If you don't ask then you won't get rejected. True.
    But if you don't ask you might remain single your entire life because of your fear of rejection.
    Nobody likes rejection. But most of us just get on with it. If she says no will it mean you will be exectuted at dawn? No, of course not. So try to be a brave little soldier and JUST GET OUT THERE AND BLOODY ASK HER. She seems keen enough -after all she did give you her phone number. What more do you want? For her to ask you out, for her to drop her pants, spread her legs and then say 'come and get it big boy'?

You mentioned taking time off work. I don't understand because from reading your post I had the impression you must have been 8 years old.

HI Jerry!
    What is holding you back to ask her out? What are you afraid of other than being rejected? Don't be afraid to fail, worry about all the opportunity that you don't take.
    What would be some benefits to ask her out? What if she says yes?
    Five frogs are sitting on a log. Four decide to jump off. How many are left? Still 5 frogs because there’s a difference between deciding and doing.
    To get what you want, take action!

Yeah, I really don't see what advice you need. She gave you her number which means she wants you to call her. She said she would be interested in watching baseball game with you. What more do you need? Just call or text her and ask her if she wants to go.

Girls are attracted to men who have the balls to make the first move. I know it sucks for us shy guys but it's just the way it works. It sounds to me you're secretly hoping she asks you out, but that's not going to happen. Just do it. Based on what you've told us I'd be very surprised if she said no.

Quote Originally Posted by growtogether View Post
    HI Jerry!
    What is holding you back to ask her out? What are you afraid of other than being rejected? Don't be afraid to fail, worry about all the opportunity that you don't take.
    What would be some benefits to ask her out? What if she says yes?

well if she says no then it's over. i mean she really is beautiful, and i just cant see why she would say yes to me

well if she says no then it's over. i mean she really is beautiful, and i just cant see why she would say yes to me
    If she says no then there was never anything to begin with, was there? And if you go in with the mentality that your not good enough for anyone then you will never get any girl, ever. Just man up and do it. If she says no then it's no big whoop, just find another girl you like and try again.
    Last edited by TeeJay19; 24-05-12 at 06:19 AM.

What do you want the most?: Being her friend or start a serious relationship here? If you just want to be a friend, then keep it that way, but if you want more, make a move
    Five frogs are sitting on a log. Four decide to jump off. How many are left? Still 5 frogs because there’s a difference between deciding and doing.

Quote Originally Posted by growtogether View Post
    What do you want the most?: Being her friend or start a serious relationship here? If you just want to be a friend, then keep it that way, but if you want more, make a move

i would be interested in datin her, but we have never met, so i would like to just meet and talk and all that

Is she within 30 minutes of you? If not, you will find that LDRs usually don't work out. If she is close by, get your big boy balls out of the drawer, and just ask her out.

I'm not rich, and I'm no model, but I look nice and I'm confident. I've been with some hot girls just because I asked them out. Can you say FFM threesome? Yes, I knew you could. lol.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    Is she within 30 minutes of you?
    If she was within 30 seconds of him he still wouldn't have the balls to do anything. After all she might say no then he'd have to kill himself.

i would be interested in datin her, but we have never met, so i would like to just meet and talk and all that
    Alright, What can you do to get to that point?

well