+ Follow This Topic

Thread: To ask or not to ask

To ask or not to ask

I hadn't seen this girl I dated for a while after contact broke off. Last night I was in the bar she is a waitress at and she was looking over a bit, and whenever she came over she was standing close to where i was sitting, joking with me a few times.

Anyway, she came over before i left asked me around to a party thing before she goes on a few month trip around the world. There will be some of her friends and family there, about 30 people in total.

Im not sure whether she is simply being nice and sees me as a friend! So i'Im thinking of taking her aside towards the end of the party and just ask her what the situation is. Im worried this might completely ruin my chances, but she might appreciate my honesty

If she says that she's not looking for a relationship, i don't know what i would do once she returns, but if she says she doesn't like me in that way, ill move on. Im definitely thinking about getting her to meet up with me after she returns, but i'd like it to be a date.

Should i take her aside or not? And if i was to take her aside what would be the best way to find out, start talking about the dates or just be upfront?

Whatever she answers, it should not stop you from living your life during those months. She is going on a long travel and nobody knows what she'll want when she comes back.
    You can flirt with her a bit, so she'll know you are interested.
    Let it go for now, and ask her after those months, if you are not with someone when she comes back and you still want to try with her.

I know that, i wont sit around and mope. But do you think its best to ask her, cos i dont want to ruin her night!!

You will ruin her night if you decide to put her on the spot and ask her if there's a possibility of getting back together. Put that crap aside and just enjoy the party.

Thats my worry! Think not asking her would make it easier to go out with her in summer or not?

Don't corner her and ask her. That would just make things difficult and most likely lead to zero chance of anything when she returns. Just relax, enjoy the party, wish her well on her trip, and when she gets back see how you feel.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Just ask her already! You are thinking way too much. Just get it out of the way.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.