+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I think I may have ruined my chances with this girl...

I think I may have ruined my chances with this girl...

About 8 months ago I met this girl because she is a friend of my sister and went on vacation with us. Anyway, we started talking and hanging out after wards and began to really like each other. This was during Christmas break so we didn't have school. However, once we got back to school, she said that she wanted to take things slow.

Well, I interpreted this as she was losing interest, so I kinda panicked and started saying things and pushing her to date me harder. I asked her to hang out a couple of weekends in a row, I think, but she always had an excuse. I think this may have been because I pushed her too hard and caused her to not want to hang out. We ended up not talking anymore because stopped trying basically.

I had the mindset that "Well, if she likes me then she'll text me when she's ready." Well, that never happened and it's been about 8 months. I have since graduated high school and she is now a junior in high school. I still have stronger feelings for this girl than I do anyone else right now.

I've been thinking about trying to get back in touch with her but I was wondering if I should even bother. I even did a bing search about this type of situation and found that just because she wanted to take it slow didn't mean she wasn't interested.
    I kinda want to explain to her what happened and how I feel, but I'm not sure that wouldn't hurt the situation even more. What do you guys think? Should I even bother now?

personally i think you may aswell. send her one txt and one txt only to see how she is. just a casual 'hi how're you doing?'. if she doesn't reply, don't resent her just use it as closure. if i were in your shoes i'd regret not trying just in case.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.