+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Question about choosing "The One"

Question about choosing "The One"

Okay so I was thinking about this tonight while discussing someone's relationship situation with my friends. I'm not sure I know exactly how to phrase this question but I'll try and hopefully you guys will understand what I'm trying to ask.

Do you think it's more important to choose someone you "fall head over heals" for or someone who is intelligent, has a future, is your best friend, and whom you are semi physically attracted to? What I mean is, should you choose someone who you fall head over heals in love for or someone who is the most logical choice for a spouse?

I'm not in this situation or anything, I'm just curious what you all think. I still don't think I phrased this correctly but whatever. Thanks guys!!!
    The hardest thing to do is watch the one you love, love someone else.

The one that you marry should be your friend, the one you laugh with, live for, dream with, love.

I do not consider it an insult, but rather a compliment to be called an agnostic. I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure - that is all that agnosticism means. -Clarence Darrow-

I would go for someone who has a future, is semi-sexually attractive to me, and is intelligent. I really have a hard time with ditzy girls. I really can't stand them actually, so the girl has to be intelligent.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Yeah I definitely agree. I guess ideally it'd be nice to find someone who you fall head over heals for and also has all of those positive qualities. But I feel like it may be asking too much, ya know? I mean, there's a point where you just become too selective. I just feel like there's a difference between the love you feel when you're head over heals for someone and the love you feel when you just love someone. Does anyone else feel like that?
    The hardest thing to do is watch the one you love, love someone else.

The one that you marry should be your friend, the one you laugh with, live for, dream with, love.

I do not consider it an insult, but rather a compliment to be called an agnostic. I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure - that is all that agnosticism means. -Clarence Darrow-