+ Follow This Topic

Thread: being too needy and clingy...

being too needy and clingy...

for the past 2 years, whenever I'm in a relationship, it's always just for 2 months...guys would just back out...the only thing i could think of is I'm too immature maybe cause I'm too needy and clingy, i want all the time of my boyfriend to be given to me..

guys, would you really be turn off if girls are needy and clingy?

Yes. You need to maybe work on your issues, and get an interesting life for yourself.

No man will ever want to fill a black hole in your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpacj View Post
    Yes. You need to maybe work on your issues, and get an interesting life for yourself.

No man will ever want to fill a black hole in your heart.
    You may want to read my post here, it applies to females to:

[URL="http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/28477-date-nice-guy-6.html#post452934"]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/28477-date-nice-guy-6.html#post452934[/URL]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wonder if a clingy boy (like me) + clingy girl relationship could work...
    I just want to ****in hug/cuddle/kiss my girl all the time, I'm obsessed with love! And uhm no I don't have a black hole in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Lineofsight View Post
    I just want to ****in hug/cuddle/kiss my girl all the time, I'm obsessed with love! And uhm no I don't have a black hole in my heart.
    Sure, if you want both to lose any sense of individuality and be joined at the hip for the rest of your lifes.

Do I slap you now or later so you wake up?

NEEDY contains the word NEED. NEED implies there's a need for something that has to be filled. Usualy it's emotional needyness (which btw leads to clingyness). Whaaah.. don't leave me.. I NEED YOU. My life isn't complete without you... etc.

hugging cuddling kissing are expressions of love... Hug all you want. Just know when to stop and give her some room to breathe, before you smother her
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Sure, if you want both to lose any sense of individuality and be joined at the hip for the rest of your lifes.

Do I slap you now or later so you wake up?

NEEDY contains the word NEED. NEED implies there's a need for something that has to be filled. Usualy it's emotional needyness (which btw leads to clingyness). Whaaah.. don't leave me.. I NEED YOU. My life isn't complete without you... etc.

hugging cuddling kissing are expressions of love... Hug all you want. Just know when to stop and give her some room to breathe, before you smother her
    Haha thanks but you can keep your hands on the keyboard, I got myself under control. Never told her those things for those exact reasons but the gut urge stays. I understand you don't need to be expressing love all the time in order to feel it, it's still there... But I just feel I really need to express my love, not that my life depends on it but IT FEELS SOOOO GOOD TO GIVE LOVE! Especially when the girl is so beautiful.

Haha thanks but you can keep your hands on the keyboard, I got myself under control.
    Good man Many don't understand the difference. I'm glad you do.

Anyways, my reply was more intended to be in general than a reply to your post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yeah, maybe i should...because i always have this experience over and over again, I'm always left behind despite all my efforts...

Quote Originally Posted by trisha View Post
    yeah, maybe i should...because i always have this experience over and over again, I'm always left behind despite all my efforts...
    Uh huh... words of wisdom: one can't be happy and have a fullfilling relation before one is happy being by him/herself and have a fullfilling life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Would it be a turn off? Yes.

More importantly-- it's a dealbreaker.

No one wants to be with someone who won't let them have their own life.

I completely 100% agree with Yggdrasil.

I unfortunately find myself in the situation of the men you date. I've gone through periods of where I seem to only attract needy clingy guys, and it's the biggest turn off. Not lately though, maybe I'm growing, and thus leading better choices to come my way.

Get a hobby, and make that more important that snuggling with your man. Get friends too.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

It's called a co-dependent relationship. And it will work for a while, then fail spectacularly in a fit of drama...
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."