+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some advice...

Need some advice...

I've been "dating" a girl for about a month and a half,I'll describe why I use that term loosely. I'm 26 and she's 20.

We instantly clicked in the beginning and have been talking constantly (probably too much) ever since. However, our communication has weeded down a bit since I believe reality has set in for her.

She still has feelings (and bizarre ties such as he pays for her cellphone bill) for her ex- (blah) and says now she has feelings for me as well...on top of that is compounded problems such as her parents are on the verge of divorce. We haven't exactly broken things off though because she keeps telling me how I'm better than anything else she's been with before.

But back to the "dating"...we have gone on one official date..well maybe two. Her father was in a car accident and most of the other times we've gotten together it was at her family's place.

We finally planned something for today because she was in my area (she lives 45 min. away). She seemed good with the plan and even woke up early...but then complained of being sick and that she didn't want to drive. I said I understood and how about getting lunch instead of my idea. She said "ok" and then just ceased contact via cell. This pissed me off a lot because I planned the whole day seeing her, I told her this and I feel disrespected.

We talked a little before the whole plans got shot and I think she needs to sort out her feelings since she had a big blow-out with her ex- and such but she apparently "wants her cake and to eat it too".

How is it a girl says "I want to see you" and then turns around and doesn't follow through? What kind of womanese is that? I at first thought she was mature for her age but I'm beginning to think otherwise by the way she acts and such.

now that you're also beginning to see the reality of her, better leave before you develop deeper feelings for her. seriously, looking at the numerous posts here from folks who want to leave but can't get out, take this advice seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by shandy View Post
    now that you're also beginning to see the reality of her, better leave before you develop deeper feelings for her. seriously, looking at the numerous posts here from folks who want to leave but can't get out, take this advice seriously.
    Seriously.

She's showing you a future with her-- one that where she is unreliable, unsure of her feelings, and disrespectful of you.

As soon as I read "she still has feelings for her ex," I didn't really need to read any further. You can't start a new relationship if you're not over the old one.

Stop wasting your time.