+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confused with my guy friend..

confused with my guy friend..

i have dis best boy bud for a few years now. we are very close and he even asks me out whenever our schedule permits it. recently, i saw my childhood friend whom i didn't have a communication with for a decade. that guy was also my first crush way back then. when my best bud learned about this, he started telling me offensive things about him which i know were untrue because they never met each other. he said that it was just a joke but he kept comparing himself to him. he knows i have a lot a guy friends other than him but he doesn't do these to them, only to that guy. i have assured him that i have only one best bud and that's him but he continues to act bitter towards the other guy. i tried to ask him why does he do such thing but he doesn't answer. what do you think is his reason?

Its obvious that he feels threatened by him in some way. The question is why...

Do you think that your friend might have a crush on you?

somehow but he's not making a move.. he's just being contented with our friendship.. i also think i'm starting to like him.

You friend could be afraid to make a move. Maybe he doesn't want to risk losing you as a friend because it sounds like you have a great friendship. I wouldn't risk it either unless the feelings were really strong.

I think that you should ask him.

That is how I met my ex, she confronted me and asked if I was interested in her. I was far too shy to do anything about it.

So if you like him, ask him. Don't give him hints because most med are blind to that stuff.

I can never tell if a woman is interested in me or not, I'm totally blind to it. Most men are..

Quote Originally Posted by alter_ego View Post
    I can never tell if a woman is interested in me or not, I'm totally blind to it. Most men are..
    I have the same problem...

To the OP, it sounds like he's into you but scared to go for it for whatever reason. Beware if he is overly insecure.

His behavior regarding your friend and inability to discuss it is a little worrying, but obviously I don't know him and should refrain from character assumptions.

Coming from my experience as a guy, I don't think we're ever interested in girls as best friends. So I'm assuming your friend is threatened by the new guy, especially if you guys had some history (even if it was minor). Maybe that's not the case though and he really just likes you as only a friend. But him getting jealous and angry over this other kid makes it seem like he has more than just feelings of friendship towards you. Just talk to him, if he really is one of your best friends the worst that will happen is he'll tell you he just wants to be friends. And that's a lot better than thinking about this everyday and eventually regretting not doing anything about it.

we went out last week and he was really sweet. he even offered to carry my bag throughout the day but i just saw him this morning and he just smiled to me and said nothing. i don't understand this. why the sudden change?

thanks to those who answered.. keep them coming..
    Last edited by liz12; 27-10-08 at 07:06 PM.

well if he knows that you had a crush on on the other guy etc it might mean that he likes u