+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I Like Him and Need Adive

I Like Him and Need Adive

I like this guy at work. We work in the same building, but for different companies. I don't know much about him except his name and the company he works for (He's doesn't wear a ring, but I don't even know if he's single). I don't get to interact with him much, but the few times I have needed to talk to him, it's only been about work related things or friendly greetings in the hallway. He's just the type of guy I like, nerdy and sweet, and I swear everytime I hear his voice I get chills (even when he isn't talking to me). I'm 23 and I feel (and sadly, but honestly act) so juvenile because I've got such a crush on him. I don't have much experiance with men and I need advice on how to go about letting him know I'm interested. Thanks.

oh, the sweet, nerdy kind are the best! ask your guy out to lunch one day ~ the worst he could say is "no" but that won't necessarily mean he's not interested...just shy...

good luck!

Give him a sweet smile whenever you see him. Try to match his timing such as breakfast time, lunch time and knock off time so that he is seeing you everyday, do this for two weeks. On the 3rd week, just casually ask him join you for breakfast or lunch. There you go... The most is being rejected, no big deal.

Crushes are so much fun.

Why don't you pull the centuries-old girl trick of dropping something right in front of him so he'll pick it up? I wouldn't recommend a lace handkerchief, though. Too obvious.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Crushes are so much fun.

Why don't you pull the centuries-old girl trick of dropping something right in front of him so he'll pick it up? I wouldn't recommend a lace handkerchief, though. Too obvious.
    How about dropping a computer game?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by starcrossed View Post
    oh, the sweet, nerdy kind are the best! ask your guy out to lunch one day ~ the worst he could say is "no" but that won't necessarily mean he's not interested...just shy...

good luck!
    yeah thats a great idea, as long as it works its great, if not just act like it wasn't a big deal, as long as you don't make it awkward then it won't be, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by lovecot View Post
    The most is being rejected, no big deal
    What is ment by this is NOT that he's rejecting YOU.. but your offer for lunch/etc.. that's why it's not a big deal.. nearly all guys lack social intuition.. so when you say something like that.. chances are he most likely won't even get the hint.. he'll think "oh, how nice of her".. clueless, yes I know.. but look on the bright side.. it's this cluelessness that allows you to make an approach with ease without worrying that he'll catch on..

all you need is an excuse.. so start thinking for something that applies.. what does he do? what line of work is he in? is there anything that you might need his "advice" about? something that happens to be a long question you would like to sit down over "lunch" and talk about when he has some time, you'd really appreciate it get my hint.. please tell me you do..

If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.