+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he love me? Is it too early to tell?

Does he love me? Is it too early to tell?

Okay here's some background. I met this guy about Spetember 15 or so. We went on our first date sept 29 hung out all week and we started being in a monogoumous relationship Oct 6. (we're both young (19 & 23) so we're still in the high school dating mode where everything moves kinda fast and both of us was looking for a relationship when we met) Neither one of us have just gotten out of a serious relationship recently so this isn't rebound dating.

We were talking last night on yahoo and this is the convo we had.

Me: so whats important to u?
    Him: you
    Me:
    Me: anything else?
    Him: family and stuff
    Him: my car
    Him: happiness
    Him: i'm happy when i'm with u
    Me: y?
    Him: i don't worry about anything else, maybe that's why i forgot those tickets that day
    Me: why is that? that being with me causes you to not worry?
    Him: cause i'm floating, maybe you're bad for me
    Me: floating?
    Him: o stop, you get the point
    Me: no, for real, I'm asking cause I'm curious
    Him: it's okay, i'll tell you later

We got off Yahoo then and he called me right before we went to bed. I said something like "You said I'm bad for you. That doesn't sound good." and he said "Yeah, candy's bad for me but I still eat it. It's like those sweettarts in your room I can't stop eating. Except your better than sweettarts. Your addictive."

I think this guy is falling in love with me and I think I am falling in love with him too, but is it too early to tell? I mean we've only been dating for little less than a month! And I've only been in love once before and it took me 4 months into that relationship to realize I loved him. So what do you think based on that convo? Does it sound like love or lust? What should my next move be?

(P.S. He's pretty shy when it comes to this kinda stuff, when we had the convo to establish mongomy we went around in circles for like an hour while he beat around the bush saying stuff like "I found what I'm looking for." and "so you ready to start this." before actually saying "I want to be in a relationship with you." He always talks in code and beats around the bush.)

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It is too soon to call it "love". This is still the infatuation stage, and that lasts up to a year or two.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yes, it's too early to tell. You sound like you're having a blast, though. Yay for you!