+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My beloved....totalled?

My beloved....totalled?

Yesterday morning, on the way to work, a tire came off of a tractor trailer heading in the opposite direction, crossed the median and smashed into my car. Here are the pics:
    [IMG][URL=http://img309.imageshack.us/my.php?image=coupe333bu.png][/URL][/IMG]

This is my second, of the same car totalled in 10 months. Here are the pics of my first one:

[IMG][URL=http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mcoupecontactsheet21df.jpg][/URL][/IMG]

The same thing happened to my first one, except an SUV came across the grass median and slammed into me. About 3 miles from where this accident happened. Odd luck, huh?

Oh, and both of the totalled cars, after they were totalled, look better than Misombras abstract marshmellow of a car

Man...what crappy luck! Hope that you're okay......I hate to see a car like that in that condition! I've never been in an accident...I can't imagine what it's like.....but that had to be scary!
    Negative Ghost Rider...the pattern is full.

Ahh, poor Lloyd. What bad luck. I hope you are uninjured! I guess you'll be going back to the horse and buggy for awhile?

holy crap. COOL!!!! That's some wicked damage. Glad your okay
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Get the Z4 . Looks way better. Those looked to much like the miatas..which are gay.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Now thats got to suck..

My dad got into 3 accidents in 3 years all around the Nov-Dec time.
    Luckily, the latest truck has aactually made it out of that bad luck. I probably jinxed it though. lol!

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Last night, 11:30 PM or so, my 26 year-old son is heading out the door. "Pick up some DVD's on your way back," I say. "I'm going to the airport," he replies. This is code for, "I'm going to the cargo terminals to race my Volkswagon GTI GIX. This ain't no Pop stop." I cringe, but, hey, it's his life. Noticing a slight drizzle outside, and imagining all manners of auto wrecks with young people hanging broken and bloodily out of crumpled doors and shattered windshields, I DO say, "Oooo. Be REAL careful, man. We really can't afford that kind of risk right now." "Yeah," he replies indifferently, and walks cooly out the door. 3:30 AM this morning, he walks back in while I'm watching a DVD I went out and got. He's all glassy-eyed and pale. "You're not going to believe what happened," he says. "You totalled your car," I answer omnisciently, not even bothering to look away from the TV screen.

And he very nearly had.

"But not racing," he was quick to explain. "I skidded out in a turn on my way home and hit a tree. Could've happened on any day." As if the wreck was something that had just "happened." As if coming home was the cause of his wreck. As if the tree had no business being there.

Kids. *sigh*

Today, he's being real quiet and kinda walking around me lot, a little sideways. As if he's not sure how close to me he should get. Smart fellow. Hopefully, smart enough to be connecting the dots right about now.
    Last edited by whaywardj; 25-09-05 at 11:39 PM.
    Speak less. Say more.

Lloyd - why does there appear to be damage to the back window if the tire hit you in the front? (And I disagree with OV; that was probably a fine looking car at one time.)

Whaywardj - I thought conservative fellows were too stuffy to be out carousing at that late hour. Shouldn't he have been in bed and resting up for church?

Only damage to the front this time; the accident I had in Nov. of '04 totalled the whole car (rear included b/c it pushed me off the road and into the trees on the side.

OV- This was an M coupe, NOT a Z3 convertable; obviously you don't know cars, so please do research before you call my car "gay".

Any appearance to the contrary, Shh!, the apple never falls far from the tree.
    Speak less. Say more.