+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He will not act on his feelings. What should I do? Please help!

He will not act on his feelings. What should I do? Please help!

So I met this guy last year during summer when I came back to visit my home country. We instantly clicked. At the time he had a girlfriend, but things were bumpy with them so we had a fling. You can say that we were friends with benefits. And we were both happy with the arrangement at the time, but as time passed I realized that I wanted to be more. But I had to go back to US to study. I came back to my country during winter break and I thought that we would get together. Long story short we didn't, we drifted a apart mid winter vacation. I can see in his eyes when he looks at me that he really does like me. But he wont act on those feelings because I'm leaving again after summer vacation. And hes not sure if there is enough between us for a long distance relationship ( heard that from a mutual friend)

I don't know what to do with him. Because I want to try to see if maybe there really is something between us, but he wont open up too me. Hes afraid to hurt me and lose me as a friend. I even thought about telling him that I'm open to an open relationship during the summer so we can see how we fit each other. But I don't know how he wil react to it. What should I do?

So you want to be more than FWB but at the same time are okay if he have open relationship during the summer? I dont see love here since when you really love the guy you dont want his D to touch any other V.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

He's not afraid of hurting you and losing you as a friend. He's afraid of getting caught with his girlfriend. I'm trying not to be judgemental, but don't you think that's pretty crappy that you want him to cheat on his GF? That is never a good start to a relationship.

Because I want to try to see if maybe there really is something between us, but he wont open up too me.
    Because you are leaving shortly to go back to school. There's no reason to start things just to have it end in a few days.

Hes afraid to hurt me and lose me as a friend.
    Guys are not normally friends with girls they have had a fling with. That's why they cut off all communication. Guys are not girls, and if you think they will respond like a girl, you will only fail.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)